Buzz Bites - Big Bomb!

Jax Snacks

As promised, here are my results of the Buzz Bite Four Month test.

Location, Area, Month Average:

Freight Company,Breakroom, 8

Restaurant, Kitchen, 14

Restaurant #2, Kitchen, 1

Retail Store, Breakroom, 7

Hotel, Breakroom, 4

Storage Company, Breakroom, 1

Factory, Breakroom, 2

Carry Out, Kitchen, 2

Factory #2, Lobby, 0

Retail Store #2, Breakroom, 1

Factory #3, Lobby, 2

Office, Breakroom, 3

Restaurant #3, Lobby, 1

Tech School, Breakroom, 1

Freight Company #2, Breakroom, 4

Car Dealer, Lobby, 2

Nursing Home, Breakroom, 2

Nursing Home #2, Breakroom, 3

Freight Company #3, Warehouse, 2

Plumbing Company, Lobby, 0

In High School, spray paint used to paint a car was called buzz bomb - well this is a buzz bite bomb!  Here are some of the high lights or should I say low lights.

1. Twenty locations were tested and 18 were removed.

2. Two locations actually called and complained and wanted the candy back in.

3. Two locations had ZERO quarters for an entire 60 day cycle.

4. Two locations had only 50 cents (1 vend) for an entire 60 day cycle.

5. Only one location managed a double digit monthly average.

6. Most locations were under $5 monthly average.

7. Two locations started out at $10 monthly average and then dropped to $1 after 60 days.

8. One location employee told me that he was glad that "I was taking out those chocolate things".

9. One restaurant lobby was in the heart of the Orlando Magic celebration with very large (young people) crowds and did just $1 per month.

I vended all these from a NW60 capsule wheel.  With those numbers, better off selling gumballs.  I feel bad for those that bought the biz-op equipment.  My only loss was some inventory and time.  Live and learn I guess.  Now back to vending real products that actually sell!

Jax

Jax,

Nice test market report.  You certainly had a wide variety of different business types and 4 months is a pretty good test market.  Hopefully, your report here may prevent anyone else from sinking their money into Buss Bites.  There are some brand new machines being advertised in my area right now for $30 each and now we can see why.  Not a good investment at any price with results like you had.

nam

I remember reading somewhere that hotel lobbies are the ideal spot for these machines. Can't remember where I read this, but I know the poster was adamant about this!   ;)

Scott

Hotel lobby's is were they sell. That way you dont have to worry about repeat customers. I have been telling the whole world and nobody wants to listen. :)

Kelly, I believe you!  When you have a 90% failure rate, it's hard to get motivated to keep putting this stuff out.  Besides, I don't do niche vending.  I want products that appeal to the masses.  Exceptions get more difficult to manage and stock when you have hundreds of locations.

R.I.P.  B.B.

Jax

Buzz Bites are the BIG BITE!  Garbage product and machines, good for baseball practice or stress relief, i met a guy that gave me too, i took them and smashed one and used the other for target practice with my AR-15.

did you ever actually try one one? they suck. thats why they don't sell. I thought it was an interesting concept, saw one at one of my locations, so I tossed the guy 50 cents. I want a refund.

they aren`t selling to well for me either.I think part of the problom is that they are on a rack and most adults dont look at those.the 75 cent price point where I AM SELLING THEM OUT OF 2 inch caps goes against me too.the tiny choclate(compared to the 2 inch cap)doesn`t give the impression of a good vale either.

one location didn`t want them because they were afraid the kids would eat many of them and potentially harm themselves.no one at work liked them.I like them,I was expecting worst.energy and good tasteing dont go together imo.they do give a little buzz,I need to try to eat 2 of them at a time.

fortunately I only bought 600 pieces(4 counter top bird feeders)and have ate/sold less then half.I got them the end of April.I wont be buying more.

Well to all of those who criticized the buzz bite bashers last year and said that those critics were closed minded and that this could maybe be the next Microsoft.  All I can say is that it's easy to be open minded with some one else's money!

Jax