1-800-Vending RC800 Jamming Problem

BobTHJ

I have 5 RC800 combo machines from 1-800-vending. These are newer machines (approx 2 years old) and work great - except for one problem. The 12oz can columns (rows D1-D3) are always jamming! These columns consist of 5 rows of cans stacked on top of each other. Behind each of the four bottom rows is a gate that rotates 90 degrees. When the gates are closed cans vend from the top row. Once the top row is empty the pressure from the cans in the second row should open the gate allowing that row to vend, and so on down to the bottom row. The manual for these machines indicates that you must fill the top row entirely first to close all the gates and hold them closed. Then you can fill the other four rows. This works fine when initially filling the machine - but when refilling the upper rows which have vended out the gates don't properly re-close and the cans in the upper rows get stuck. The machine has no can to vend and gives a sold-out indicator even though there are still 30 cans in the upper rows.

Does anyone have any experience with these machines or this type of setup to suggest a fix for this? or is the only fix to completely empty the column at each service and reload it from scratch?

I have 5 RC800 combo machines from 1-800-vending. These are newer machines (approx 2 years old) and work great - except for one problem. The 12oz can columns (rows D1-D3) are always jamming! These columns consist of 5 rows of cans stacked on top of each other. Behind each of the four bottom rows is a gate that rotates 90 degrees. When the gates are closed cans vend from the top row. Once the top row is empty the pressure from the cans in the second row should open the gate allowing that row to vend, and so on down to the bottom row. The manual for these machines indicates that you must fill the top row entirely first to close all the gates and hold them closed. Then you can fill the other four rows. This works fine when initially filling the machine - but when refilling the upper rows which have vended out the gates don't properly re-close and the cans in the upper rows get stuck. The machine has no can to vend and gives a sold-out indicator even though there are still 30 cans in the upper rows.

Does anyone have any experience with these machines or this type of setup to suggest a fix for this? or is the only fix to completely empty the column at each service and reload it from scratch?

I don't have any of these machines, but I have had machines with the same setup. Put one or two cans in the top row. It will drop down to the gate that is open. Then test vend one can and make sure that the gate goes back to the closed position. Once you get used to doing this it only takes a minute to do all the selections.

JD

Thank you - I'll give that a try. A couple of the locations where I have these machines really go through the sodas so it is frustrating to arrive to service the machine and see that only 5 of the cans vended due to a jammed gate when they would likely have bought ten times that many.

Archived