Crane with Knobby Balls

Roostyr

Just wanted to post a picture of a stocked crane as I have had several PM's regarding cranes or amusement games in general.

Prizes should be facing towards the customer (as the tiger is) and not simply 'dumped' into the game. Balls don't take much stocking effort...try to keep the colors mixed and that's about it for them.

iaapa032.th.jpg

This particular crane has received 1694 plays in the past 21 days. Cost is $0.75 per play. It is located in a FEC with bowling, amusement games, laser tag, soft play, and bar. Location gets a lot of birthday parties.

Location is on a card swipe system.

Prizes are 5" Knobby Balls.

*Your Amusement Experience May Differ

Just wanted to post a picture of a stocked crane as I have had several PM's regarding cranes or amusement games in general.

Prizes should be facing towards the customer (as the tiger is) and not simply 'dumped' into the game. Balls don't take much stocking effort...try to keep the colors mixed and that's about it for them.

iaapa032.th.jpg

This particular crane has received 1694 plays in the past 21 days. Cost is $0.75 per play. It is located in a FEC with bowling, amusement games, laser tag, soft play, and bar. Location gets a lot of birthday parties.

Location is on a card swipe system.

Prizes are 5" Knobby Balls.

*Your Amusement Experience May Differ

Looks great I went with the 7 inch balls. I have it set up in the buffet but it hadn't open yet they are doing the finshing touches so I hopeful it will be open in a week. I had it in the garage for a few days and my kids played it all day. When I played I seem to win two balls for every 9 to 9.50. Balls are .28 each with freight. And your right stocking balls is very easy. I do have a ? Do you take a inventory of the unit when you service for the dead on machine profit or just go on the adv?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Looks great I went with the 7 inch balls. I have it set up in the buffet but it hadn't open yet they are doing the finshing touches so I hopeful it will be open in a week. I had it in the garage for a few days and my kids played it all day. When I played I seem to win two balls for every 9 to 9.50. Balls are .28 each with freight. And your right stocking balls is very easy. I do have a ? Do you take a inventory of the unit when you service for the dead on machine profit or just go on the adv?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Inventory is done according to the present prize meter minus previous prize meter. (A customized sheet is located inside each game - location, price per play, prize types, cost per prize, current/prev coin meter, current/prev prize meter, as well as room for adding up total cost of prizes won and total rev). This sheet is updated every time the crane is stocked with more prizes. (We do our collections on a monthly basis, but often visit locations once a week to restock. Therefore, each months sheet will have several updates as far as prize additions and any notes made throughout the month)

When the prizes for the game are changed (Such as when I switch knobby balls out for say, micro basketballs) a hand count is performed on the remaining prizes. Any prizes that may have slipped past the prize meter are then subtracted out of the gross revenue before split)

This game is on a 50/50 split AFTER cost of prizes. So if the crane grossed $500 and paid out $100 in prizes. We have $500 - $100 = $400. $400 / 2 = $200 split each. The $100 is then added to our share since we paid for the prizes. $300 us - $200 location

Side note: For Knobby Balls I think your payout % (aka CoGS) is fine. Ours is in the same area. However I believe knobby balls are an exception to the higher 25%ish area that most prizes fall under.

I took advantage of Black Friday and bought 50 mp3 players to use in my machines. I were going to buy some off the net anyway but Big Lots have some name brand ones in nice packaging for 8.00. If I mix in a few its sure to increase plays.

Archived