My First Destroyed Machine

T BIRD

Deb and I had received a phone call from a steak house we had placed a double in last week.  The message was that the machine needed to go.  Fine.  I went there yesterday.  I did not see the machine.  The manager took me upstairs to it.  It was totally mauled and destroyed.  And it was there a hot 6 days

Needless to say I was sick to my stomach. The only pieces I was able to salvage was a coin mech, the stand, a chute and thats it. Everything was either bent, mauled and scratched very heavily etc. They said the nite staff who cleans did it. That nite crew denies it though. It was an LYPC machine. They left behind one quarter in the tray and the M&Ms.  They took the gum balls though..........lol.

Tough break.  One thing that hurts in this is that you see close up how human nature actually is.

I would recommend that you put that destroyed machine in your work area with a sign on it that says, 'resolve to succeed, or give up'. 

Keep your chin up, and keep charging.  In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

Don't let anyone steal your dream John. Press onward! Sad to say, it won't be the last time it happens. Some people just have no regard for the property of others.

Steve

Hate to one up you TBIRD, but I have a Skill crane machine that is now gone. I would say it's worth over 1000.00.  They closed without telling me, the store has been locked up tight for over a month.  All phone numbers have been disconnected.  This week I hope that the police can somehow get me in the building.  If not I guess I'm outa luck.

Zeke

Hate to one up you TBIRD, but I have a Skill crane machine that is now gone. I would say it's worth over 1000.00.  They closed without telling me, the store has been locked up tight for over a month.  All phone numbers have been disconnected.  This week I hope that the police can somehow get me in the building.  If not I guess I'm outa luck.

Zeke

Sorry to hear that Zeke.  Hope the cops can get you in there.  Let us know.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update... Yesterday I was finally able to gain entry to the building where my skill crane has been stuck in.  The owner of the building met me at the location after contacting him several times to meet.  He barely spoke English.  After securing my bridge for the move, the owner of the building told me to open up the machine to give him his cut.  I told him that he didn't have a cut coming to him.( He was not involved in any way with my contract with the pizza shop owner)  He then became very volatile saying that I wasn't leaving with my machine until he got his share.  I held my ground trying to explain to him that he didn't deserve a share.  He then stated that the pizza shop owner owed him money for rent and that I was to give him his share based on that.  I told him that it ended up costing me money to have my skill crane trapped in his building for 2 months without  the store being opened.  He would not  take no for an answer.  That's when things became sketchy.  As I was trying to remove my machine two of his cronies would not let me move it.(did I mention that this is a very rough neighborhood?)  At this point I opened up the machine and threw his so called cut onto the floor.  I then said out loud "Is this how you do business by extorting money from people?" He then had the gall to ask if I would be bringing the machine back when the next occupant was ready to open.  I told him to go pound sand(not in those exact words)  My wife said I should have gotten the cops involved.  I tried to explain to her that the cops would have only made the situation worse.  Just a little tip from me.  Make sure your machines are placed in decent neighborhoods,  I started out with 15 machines in these neighborhoods about a year ago.  I now have 3 left. The rest have been moved to safer locations.

Zeke

That guy sounded like a real jack golpher Zeke.  I am sorry you had to go through that.

I have a situation brewing also.  Not with a crane machine but with a Dentyne Ice Machine.  Its in a bar in the town where I live.  The owner is a total mad man. One of his employees video taped the owner putting cheap alcohol into top shelf liquor bottles.  Make a long story short, he lost his liquor license.  I just found all of this out. He is about to be shut down by the town. I just pray that this lunatic is not around when I go by there tomorrow.  Guaranteed, he will be totally out of his mind if he is there and I don't really want to deal with him. I have heard he has gone on rampages before destroying machines and other stuff in his own bar over god knows what. We will see what tomorrow brings. 

I will pray for you tonight TBird, I know what you are dealing with. Best of luck to ya brother. I have had to deal with people like this before. Italian Restaurants, owned by "full blooded" Italian folks. They are famous for this.

Kyle

we get better with age

Doug........I went by there yesterday afternoon.  It was closed with a huge sign that said reopening April 8th. When I looked inside the window I could not tell if my machine was there or not.  I have to follow up.  Thanks for asking Doug.