Problem with STS programing

tshaas69

I have a Royal Vendors model RVCC 660-9 60Hz machine with 9 selections. I got the manual offline and found out about the serial number split. I have gotten both manuals now and am still having trouble with the space to sales. I have looked at the manual which states that in the sts menu you have 11 options opt1-9, clr, csts, and rsts. I searched the machine and it only has options opt1-7, csts and rsts. Opt7 according to the decal in the machine itself is what I want for the machine (9 selections 9 flavors). Problem...Opt 7 is not what the manual nor the decal states it should be. I went into csts (custom space to sales) set it to what opt7 should be and even saved it. I checked again and made sure the programing was correct before testing the machine and it was stating that the programing took. But...It is still not dispensing like I have told it too. Why do both manuals state there should be opt1-9, clr, csts, rsts. Yet my machine is missing clr and opt8-9. And why is it NOT taking the custom sts I set into it?

Also is there a reset switch? So I may set it back to the original factory settings.

Have sent this to Royal Vendors.

Here is the manual for my machine...supposedly. http://www.royalvendors.com/docs/manuals/giiimanual.pdf

Any help will be greatly appreciated customer is getting about as ticked as I am.

Manuals will cover more then one version of a machine. If you look at the cover of the manual you look at it is showing the 12 select machine so we take some of the info with a grain of salt. On programming, the clr is a sub menu of csts and must be accessed from that function. Missing 8&9 could simply be from not having that number of selections. You are not really doing a custom sts but a preprogrammed alternate sts so do not confuse yourself with the nomenclature. M curious though, you say you want 9 selections firing the 9 columns and the Royal should have an even number of columns. When programming sts it is important to remember selections (door) and columns (cabinet) are two very different things. The manual doesn't show what the sts is that you are trying to program it to ut I would recommend trying the rsts first and seeing if that works for you. This is usually a good compromise and has been figured out through years of trial and error.

9 selections on the door, 12 columns in the cabinet. The manuals I have are for the GIII and match the model number, and serial number for the machine. Got them both from the Royal Vendors website. Tried the RSTS and it did nothing.

The best thing you could do is to call Royal while you are at the machine. Their tech service is good and should be able to help you clear this up. If you can't change your sts it would probably be a board issue but they may have some tricks up their sleeves.

Ok went to work on the machine again. Checked the programing and it was set to what I wanted it to do but was still pulling from wrong column. So I tried the RSTS....mistake. After running that and then reviewing the settings it had set ALL columns to selection 1. So...Again I did the custom space to sales as I did the night before. And the soda God's smiled and now the damn thing works like it is supposed to...go figure. Thanks all for your help and advice.

Archived