Bulk Vending Products in Warm Climates

andyrosen

Hey All:

I just placed on of me triple heads at a neighborhood auto shop.  It appears that this location might be lucrative, but the owner forewarned me that his garage bays remain open during the summer and while there is no direct sunlight beaming in his shop, it gets quite hot and that my PMM’s will most likely melt.  I also have Ike & Mikes there as well.

What alternate items would you recommend I place in this environment that would stand up to summer heat and humidity? Thanks!

Andy

Andy,

I live in San Diego, CA and it gets pretty hot here during the Summer. If the area you are placing your machine is not in direct sun the M&I will be fine. Gum balls, Hot Tamales, Skittles & Runts would be good items to try. Peanut and plain m&m's will melt in the heat and turn white and crack. No one will buy them!

Another thing you must be careful of is ants. Make sure you spray the base with a good ant spray every couple of months. Mark it in your route book so you don't forget to spray.

Gary

Hi Andy:

I had the same problem with M&M's in the exact same kind of location. If it's nearby, you can pour in less and service more frequently or just move to other products for that period.  Also, the Pam on the M&I's and Hot Tamales works well.

Are you about ready to move with some Dentyne Ice/Certs?

Thanks.

Steve,  spvg

Hey Eve,

I missed your posts. I guess it's a good thing because you have been busy. How are the 1800's doing? Has it been a month yet?

In my area it's time to spray for ants. I lost a few dollars last year before I realized that the ants could get in to my machines. If you look at the bottom of your machines there are plenty of holes.

Gary

Gary,

Hugs to you.........yes,   We have been so busy!  If hubby was working full time right now  ( he lost his job Dec 1)  this would not be happening for us.  I still work full time and he is doing all the leg work....I am doing the computer work and shopping......well he's doing that now to.  We are working well together...ha, a few fights!!:P

We are trying to get everything in place so I will be able to quit day care or lop off a couple of days for vending and he will get a full time job with bennies....which we need in our old age...ha

We still have snow on the ground so were are ok with the ants for now.

Thanks for your help