video what is wrong with this CHANGER?

ascender

I am new to the vending machine world. Four machines wererecently given to me and I just starting messing with them today…. Two of the machines dollar bill validators donot work. The make and models are maka model nb-11b-400. Now, they will powerup and will accept a bill, but the bill will only enter the validator about ¼ ofthe way. Like I said I am new to the whole vending machine but I am mechanicallyinclined. Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

I am new to the vending machine world. Four machines wererecently given to me and I just starting messing with them today…. Two of the machines dollar bill validators donot work. The make and models are maka model nb-11b-400. Now, they will powerup and will accept a bill, but the bill will only enter the validator about ¼ ofthe way. Like I said I am new to the whole vending machine but I am mechanicallyinclined. Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Hard to tell by the video but most likley the belts need replacing. I still will run Maka validators and have had good service out of them. However, they are getting old and dated. I will replace the belts myself but if they need more than that we trash them.

Maka is known to have belt issues. I replaced belts on some last year and they are still going strong for over a year. Belts can be bought on line and are a little tricky to change but can be done if you are mechanical even though I am not all that mechanical I was able to figure it out.

A belt kit consist of two long belts and two short belts. The short belts are a snap to change but the long ones are tricky. Changemaker had the belt kits for $5.66 which is the cheapest around. Varify with them exactly which belts you need before ordering to make sure you are getting what you need.

http://changemakerst...Repair-Kit.html

For $6.00 it is worth a shot. If not check about upgrading to the Mars validators. You will need the Mars validator plus a "kit" for the conversion. May need to alter the face plate alos but not sure. I have one that was converted but I havent looked at it in a while. Also order you some cleaning cards from them so you can keep the validtors working in the future. Matter of fact a cleaning card may make the ones you have work so try that before you tear it a part to replace belts.....

Probably does need belts at some level but I would look for a burr on the mouthpiece. That bill stops at about the same spot each time before rejecting it. Open up the bottom and feel around you may feel something. It doesn't take much with the Maka especially when your belts are slipping too (and they are slipping).

Archived