Former Folz & Sugarloaf route driver

RogerFolzFan

Hello,

I'm a former driver for Sugarloaf during the mid-90's in Sunnyvale, Ca. Then I drove for Folz from late '97 until summer 2003. Are there any other current or former drivers on this board from those particular companies? I've done a few different things since then, and now looking to get back into the industry. Yeah, I know : "Good Luck!" right?

Hi there! Yes, I really enjoyed working for both companies. However, company "mergers" always seem to spell the end for the smaller one. I got out in the nick of time right before the large Sugarloaf out of Colorado swallowed up our little one in Sunnyvale, Ca. around 1997. I had been there about 3 years. Then I went over to Folz while the "merger" was taking place. I worked for Folz about 5 years, but wasn't so lucky the 2nd time around when Coinstar ( was it?) "merged" with Folz. I was laid off along with many other drivers throughout the western states when Folz lost the Safeway account. Some of the "upper echelon" of employees saw the trouble coming, I think, and were able to get out in time and move on to something else. Still, there were some good times working for both companies. Lots of good people and Folz was very generous at times to their employees. I hear that National Entertainment Network rules the roost in terms of crane & bulk toy vending throughout the US? Is that true? Did they swallow up everything else?

Archived