Loading a 1970's westinghouse Canada Dry

smithsf

Hey guys, first off, sorry these images are huge and sorry they're sideways...off to a good start. So, i bought this 1970s wesinghouse for $60 in San Jose, CA a few months back and it basically runs perfectly. I did have to buy a new fan motor, but once that was put in place (for $40 bucks) this thing ran perfectly and gets SUPER cold! We here at work were very excited about this. The ONLY problem is a small one, but I can't figure out how to load bottles in this thing. It's clearly made for bottles because its from early 70s and theres a bottle opener on the front of it, but two bottles come out when vended. ive tried different bottles as well to no luck. Ive tried loading the bottles so the are pointed tops facing away, tops facing in, as well as alternating with no luck. Am I missing something here? Are older bottles from the 70s shorter and fatter than the beer bottles im currently using?

Thanks very much!

post-3693-0-23294500-1326838750_thumb.jpg

post-3693-0-31571000-1326838759_thumb.jpg

post-3693-0-86751100-1326838767_thumb.jpg

post-3693-0-01617300-1326838776_thumb.jpg

There was a period of time can machines came with the bottle opener on them so they could be used to deposit the pull tab. Waaaaaay back in the day the can tops actually came off the cans so they left this on the machines for a rubbish disposal. I can't remember what the bottles vs cans deal was back then but I would think that you probably have a machine that was during a transition period. That being said the only thing that should matter is the diameter of the bottles compared to the cans. Are the bottles narrower? If so you may have to make some side spacers.

Archived