Northwestern Square Deal

antoniocinisi

I placed my first rack today!I ordered(unwillingly) from 5 star on tuesday last week,they didn`t  have the actual stand thats why the extra wait or else they woulda prob been here on fri/sat.I tried to call Northwestern first but they were unwilling to lower thier prices

I didn`t get a display for "monkeying around" nor do I get  50 cent stickers for the 2 super 80`s caps,assumeing that I get them since the super 60s came with 25 cent stickers.its not a huge deal though since I didnt expect them to come in today. I didnt have the right dispenser wheel with me since I ordered 1 with a gumbal wheel that I need for another machine that has cap wheel.I also didn`t have the stickers I bought from timeman with me so I am selling shrek on both sides of the sticker machine.MY other items are:Two 2 inch caps sticky hands and magic shop which is actually a 25 cent 2 incher but I am selling at 50. since the place has a magician on weekends , I am betting they will buy these up.

1 inch caps:glow sticks  blockheadz  splaterz.

while we were working on assemblying the super 60s someone that works there bought a sticky hand so theres already my first vend!!!and the rack was only half way done!!this is the same location I make 110-150 $ a month on a uturn 8.the same location that made 400 in a week with a crane,which he now says I can get one and put it in if I want,but thats a differant story!!

anyways it took my bro and I 2.5 hours from unloading the boxes to throwing them away empty and cleaning/shining the whole rack.next week I might bring some wax with me !!!I

I was alone the last half hour if any of you guys think we are slow!!.

whats it take you guysto build a rack?

my first sticker vend went bad since I didn`t know the coin mech need to be hooked up a certain way and the splatz display was crooked so I had to empty it back out but other then  that it was mostly smooth sailing.

normally after how long do you guys with racks go check on new locations?

thanks

Antonio

I am going to go back monday if possible because that is my only full day off from work and it is an hour away.

I intended on takeing a pic,and thought about it, ecspecialyy since we always carry a camera with us in case the baby does something cute but in the end I forgot.I will take one next time I go though when it is all half empty(hopefully)

I slept well last nite but my rack has  been all Ive been thinking about today

today I got my bill from tjking and the machines were 6$$ more for the s. 60`s and 10 on the 80`s.I called back and they said that they increased the price on the first of the year but haven`t gotten around to updateing the site.I told him after the gumball incident had I known he was given me northwesterns prices I woulda ordered from them.they sold me rocks for gum and said it was at 2/3 of its shelf life at a year old.didnt matter that I ate 5 gumballs and most were rock hard.all they could tell me is put it at room temp (from my basement) and they would be ok.

reluctately he gave me 52$$ credit for the next time I ordered,as if I wanted to go there a third time.

the 50 cent sticky hands said  Aand a on them I coulda ordered from them.we woulda finished the rack a bit sooner hadnt a lot of the CAPS  been open or lose.probably because they were shipped twice.

costumer service leaves much to be desired at 5 star tj king let me tell ya.they wouldnt do nothing for my gumballs and the fight I had to go through to get what was my expecting price.

the guy was bad all around  and not only on costumer service.

the guy on the phone told me that he had it hapen once already!!I replied not only has it hapened once you still havent changed your prices?he says (they know Im the pizza guy)well when one of your ingredients go up u raise prices right?I say yeah I raise prices but in the mean time I honor what the menu is saying.it was soon after that he agreed to pay me my money back.and not even all of it because they charged me 8.5 percent taxes which wasnt included on the 52$$(4.42)

I hope my next order is smooth because I never want to have anything to do with them A and A here I come.

I totally agree with you Antonio.  They suck.  Period.  I received a case of Reeses Pieces that looked like a freakin bomb went off inside the box!!  Bage were open and pieces were all over the bottom. Other candy looked old and all chipped up ( M&Ms ).

I am done with them.  I just get my stuff through Sam's and BJ's.

today I got the display for monkeing around that they didnt send and they forgot the 2 50 cent labels for the super 80`s again. it gets worse and worse with these assholes with piss poor customer service.

on a differant note last nite I found out that a sams club 15 minutes further away(differant direction) then the one I usually go to has runts and hot tamles,the only candy I woulda had to order from a suplier,so now I will need A and A only for toys.

Well, that's very interesting information.

I was getting ready to place my first order with them, for Sprees and Sixlets Candy.

I guess I'll have to find somebody else.

T-Bird, and Antonio thanks for sharing.

Looks like they just lost another customer due to bad customer service.

Dave

you guys wont ever belive this,but I sold a whole bag of monkein around in less then 4 hours!! the kids at my skateing rink location loved them!!I brainstormed this idea while at work.

on my lunch break my wife and I filled my backpack with everything I needed to go finish my rack.I also was gonna switch out a canister so I had one sitting out.I also just tweaked a route so I had a u turn  canister half full of gumballs sitteng in the same room.while I was at work it dawned on me so I called my wife had her take out the gumballs and set it so it sells caps and to fill it with  monkeys.I had her print and cut the display for the canisters(the actual display was in my backpack going to my rack).I went by changed it out and left back for work.

the lady at the location said they sold out in less then an hour,a small canister mind you but still sold out.I wish she woulda called to tell me but she never does,she told me that when I went back with the candy that I noticed was low when I had went there the first time.so i went and got more monkeys ,I get mobbed by kids and sold half a canister while I was there.so I top it off again to get 2 and a half small canisters or about 1 and a quarter big canister(u turn),does that sound like 250 caps to you??there should be 62.50 in there right??anyways the bag that those mighty fine buttholes at tj king sent me was gone.unfortunately I`m gonna have to order 3 more from them at 19$$ each  to make 57$ plus shipping to get my credit.I wonder how much they are going to overcharge me on shipping.I dont now if I`m nit pickin now but 2 monkeys and a bottom cap seemed extra after all that.maybe I`ll give them out next time I`m there.

maybe I should ask if I can put a rack in.she has a sticker machine which I noticed finally got some stickers again,so I dont know what she will say.maybe I can work out a deal with her and sell only caps.another square deal for the `rink perhaps??:D

they charged me 9.49 for the monkein around display plus shipping:shock: these people are doing nothing to even try to keep me as a customer.I figured if I order 2 more monkein around from them plus shipping that should get me at about 55$$ acording to thier website.

definately my last order from these con artists

2  bags monkeyin` from tj king 48.68

2 bags from A and A 4342  thats 526 less and  tj king are only 3 hours north of me.

I ordered from both.I used all but 3$ of my credit at tj king and I ordered 18 bags(to get the discount) from A and A.6each of  glow stick-monkey-splatz

I went and checked my rack yesterday.the 1 inch were all about 1/5 of the way empty not to bad imo not haveing much to compare with.I put some bouncy balls in the empty mAchine.

the 2 inch were a little slower,only about 1/6 empty which I topped off.

the lady at the rink told me I couldn`t sell toys there anymore,after I order all this stuff.

I am going to order a stand from northwestern tomorrow and get a rack for work.I have most of the machines I need.i AM DOING ANOTHER SQUARE DEAL(sry caps) with only 2 machines on top for now and 4 below,then expand it to 3-6.

I won a super 80 sticker machine,in good condition on ebay,they have 4 more.I believe they are super 80`s,they are listed as greenwald gi`s  so by thier coin mech.they sure look a lot like the machine I recently put in,but don`t take my word for it.

what do you think guys are they super 80`s?its listed exactly as:

2 Column Sticker Tattoo Vending Machine Greenwald Flat

Antonio

Antonio,

Northwesterns come with... "Two Greenwald G-4 coin slide mechanisms". :)

Those must be NW's that auctionpros have listed.

"...the lady at the rink told me I couldn`t sell toys there anymore, after I order all this stuff."

Man that sucks.  Did she say why? You seem to be taking it well. I'd be pissed off.

At least it sounds like you have a back up plan.

Good for you.

Dave

I am pissed but she said its a liabilty in case the kids roll over one and fall.it`s just a bullshit excuse imo.It seems like when I find a good seller there she makes me pull it out.she did the same thing with the reeses pieces that went really well over there.

I plan on putting toys in one slot of my u-turns and 1800`s in some locations.

• 3 weeks later...

after I set the crane up I topped off the rack and took some pics.my daughter is sitting on the coin mech of the sticker machine while I hold her from below.

the best sellers are glo sticks 4/5 of the way empty,blockh 3/5 empty,splat 2/5 empty.I didn`t have a full globe worth of bouncy balls but what I had are half gone.the temporary tats timeman sold me are doing good,but the shrek stickers aren`t doing too hot.

the magic show 2 inch caps  are doing good with  some left that I had to take back with me,while I emptyed the last of the 2 in sticky hands into the machine to top it off.a much better seller compared.

tomorrow will be a month since I set the rack.I will go and empty all my machines in 2 weeks.

Antonio

• 3 weeks later...

I took home 213.75 or 267 before commission on my rack in 34 days.how does that compare to you guys?

the magic shop is going kinda slow and probably will be replaced by puppies on the next service day.

the shrek stickers arent doing as well as anticipated either although my tatto mix is doing well.

blockheadz still going strong.the splat is doing better now that I mixed in some  sticky eyeballs.glo sticks still doing well and bouncyballs still doing good.

I put in another square deal in my pizza shop,same machine configuration that I am now kinda regretting.I shoulda got all toys imo starting out with,no stickers.

I have puppies and a mix of homey/playaz for toys and marvel super hero and spongebob in stickers.

for 25 cent caps I put in monkeys(which got hit 31 times today!!)glo , stick bouncy balls and sticky hands.. will report with figures on service day.

Antonio

I took home 213.75 or 267 before commission on my rack in 34 days.how does that compare to you guys?

That beats the $40 I made of my 5 way in 30 days! Great job Antonio.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I didnt even collect from my rack this month because the location had Namco bring in some video games for a mini arcade,they also brought in an a rack of thier own.

I am very unpleased but will not remove my rack as I will enjoy the competion.

they have a friggen 11 way with bottom row candy 2 wing sticker machines and 5 various size 50 cent capsules,with the middle one being a 30 incher tall with puppies.can`t remember which but they were clothed.

almost nothing was missing out of my machine.I would say that they were all 1/5 th of the way empty except for the sticky hands it was 1/3 empty.

I topped the hands off and switched shrek the third which bombed imo  for marvel heros,which is doing good in my other square deal at work.I sold around 60 shrek stickers in 2 months includeing the stickers I let my help pick thru and buy.I figure a happy worker is a good worker.

how long till you change out a toy thats a dud? its been 2 months with that magic show and I still have a full 25 incher super 80s  worth and some more home.that damn namco rack didn`t help either.

do you guys think I should pull it next month?it was a quarter vend 2 inch  cap which I was selling for 50, it made me profit even with what I could have left over at least.

or should I wait for all the new arcade hype to go by and switch it out in 2 months and hope sell it out  by then and then switch!:huh:

Antonio

so what do the various toy guys do about a slow toy?after how long do you pull it from location??

hey guys no one has an answer to this question??I really hate to start a new topic just for this question.

gary steve and kyle,(and anyone else selling toys)what do you guys do as far as toys are concerned?afetr how long do you pull a bad selling toy??

Antonio,

I don't experiment with to many new items that have not been tested before. I have over 65 locations with toy capsules but I always make sure that all locations do not have the same items. This makes it easier to move products around when they start to slow down. You have to watch sales very carefully and switch out items for faster moving items.

Another thing is, I am lucking that I have a supplier, (A&A) that has a location in my state. I do not have to over order anything because I get next day delivery on all my orders from them and I only carry inventory on the best movers.

I hope this helps.

Gary