Do small gumballs sell better than 1" gumballs generally?

acvending

We have a single in a drycleaner with 1" gumballs in it. It was the first machine we placed. Its now almost 2 1/2 months later and its only made about 2 or 3 bucks in that time. My friend thinks if we put small gumballs in there it might sell better. I personally think the location is likely just not viable for gumballs or a machine in general. I also think that if we put anything in there, candy might be better.

what kind of location is it also i sell both small and 1 inch gumballs. since i have some vendstars. on to locations that small ones did good i switchted them over to 1 inch and they contiuned to sell good and that ment more money for me. I prefer  1 inch anyway because you get to taste that one flaver with small ones you just toss a bunch of them in your mouth and mix the flavors up.

Adam, For some reason it seems that chickletts (or any smaller square gum) seems to sell quicker than gumballs.  But I would think that gum is gum. 

I would try the smaller gum pieces, if it doesnt work, then just go w/ candy. 

G-man,

Where are you selling Chicklets, aka Chicle Tab gum?

I can't give those things away at any of my locations. :(

Perhaps in locations that cater to seniors?

ac,

I'd definitely try something else but if they're not buying 1" gumballs, why would they buy smaller gumballs?

G-man may have something there, now that I think about it. I think maybe it takes an older crowd to move

Chicle Tab gum. If it's older folks that are going in and out of there, then that may be a good solution.

(Don't know for sure, just brainstorming it right now.)

Otherwise I'd do what you suggested, and try candy. Maybe Reese's Pieces, or Skittles.

Those both have low COGs and seem to do well.

I'd stay away from Hot Tamales and the like.

A dry cleaners, coming into warmer weather, might not be a good combination for 'em.

One things for sure though. If it doesn't pick up, there are plenty of

other places to locate that machine and start making some money with it.

Dave

acvending wrote:

We have a single in a drycleaner with 1" gumballs in it. It was the first machine we placed. Its now almost 2 1/2 months later and its only made about 2 or 3 bucks in that time. My friend thinks if we put small gumballs in there it might sell better. I personally think the location is likely just not viable for gumballs or a machine in general. I also think that if we put anything in there, candy might be better.

its not the gumballs, its the location.

dry cleaners suck!!

pull the machine and put it somewhere else

acvending wrote:

its not the gumballs, its the location.

dry cleaners suck!!

pull the machine and put it somewhere else

Nothin' like gettin' to the point huh Pusherman?.....lol  ;)

Dry cleaners do not do good where I am at !  And lets just say one is even located at my hubby's aunts dry cleaners( My next door neighbor) and I pull only 6-8 out of it every 6 weeks !  UMMM can I get a little family love....