need info on vending nuts

josh

Theres some people who claim using vendstars for vending nuts is pretty good because the salt does not corrode the machine. I was thinking of using cashews, peanuts and almonds. I am aware these are pretty cheap machines however, I would like to know if there is a diffrent bulk vending machine brand that i could use with nuts that will not corrode the machine. Im looking for a machine that holds up long term.

I don't know what part of the country you live in but if you live in the southern part of the US where the temps get hot to extreme I would not do nuts at all. My experience with nuts has not been very good. Bugs become an issue in warm areas of the country. Then you will have problem with location wanting machine taken out.

I have been running nuts and cashews for years in Vendstars, Uturns & Northwestern triple plays. On two ocassions...in the same unairconditioned location I had trouble with Indian moths but never had a problem anywhere else. I have done well with both over the years but now i am phasing out cashews because they are just too expensive. I have a several locations where I have the same person eating $20 - $30 worth of peanuts a month. Overall peanuts have been a good seller for me with little trouble. As far as the corrosion goes it usually occurs in equipment that has been stored for a long period of time in hot conditions with the nuts just left there to rot. A key to keeping your equipment in good shape for a long time is to remove the candy/nuts immediately from a machine that has been pulled out of service and clean it thouroughly.

im in ohio it gets cold. i was thinking of placing the machine in a breakroom or bar.

Don't put a Vendstar in a bar. It will not stand up to the abuse.

I vended nuts in breakrooms for three years and never had one bug in my machine. I live in Louisiana where the humidity is high all year long. I guess I was just lucky.

Archived