How to handle this

Thatoneguy

I have a small bulk vending route. A bar owner would like for me to put a change machine in her bar and no other machines at this point. I do not own a change machine but would like to get my "foot in the door" of this bar for future machines. I assume that a change machine will not make money for me unless I charge a monthly "rent" for this machine. I can buy a change machine for about 150. Should I pass on this? Any and all help is appreciated :)

there's more than one bar, and more then one money making location, by doing a change machine you basically giving the bar owner $150+ and walking away. for me to purchase a change machine i would want a very high traffic location, get paid rental fee, no commission and a long contract. even then i'm into bulk not servicing electronic boards and change machines.

The more I think about this the more it doesn't seem worthwhile. Charge too high of a monthly fee and the bar owner doesn't see the value in it. Don't charge enough and the machine has to stay there forever before I break even and turn a profit. Thanks everyone for the input :)

Archived