Came across this deal in my area... is it a good deal?

Esko

I came across this 30+ head Cable Car setup. He actually has 2 of them but only one includes the heads. He is selling both for $3k. I know it would be very tough to place, but I am pretty sure I can get it done.

1) Is it worth the price?

2) In a mall with steady weekend traffic could I expect to do at least $10 per head per month?

3) I know commision rates for mall settings are typically higher, what is a typical commision split for a mall?

post-3844-0-90548700-1328678021_thumb.jpg

My mall slot demands a 50% split. No exceptions. On top of that, they typically have numerous restrictions such as product type, machine type, etc. From where I'm sitting, I can't think that the guy would sell them if they were profitable. The biggest factor here is location- something that big isn't going to be easy to place, transport, or store. If I were you, I would have several good leads on locations before making a move on this one. That's my two cents on the matter.

My mall slot demands a 50% split. No exceptions. On top of that, they typically have numerous restrictions such as product type, machine type, etc. From where I'm sitting, I can't think that the guy would sell them if they were profitable. The biggest factor here is location- something that big isn't going to be easy to place, transport, or store. If I were you, I would have several good leads on locations before making a move on this one. That's my two cents on the matter.

50% is what I thought the norm was. That being said, I can't see doing well with candy with a split like that. He is getting rid of it because the mall he is in pulled his contract. That would be my concern as well. Appreciate the insight.

tough to place is an understatement. That's much bigger than normal mall racks are, also a large investment on one location.

Yeah that is a lot of cash riding on one horse. I can just see myself pushing it down the sidewalk ringing a bell because I got the boot from the mall. I think I better pass. Thanks for your thoughts.

Archived