Need help: know nothing about cranes

Metro

Hi. I received an inquiry from one of my bulk accounts about a crane. It's a pizza place. Here's the problem. I am basically a one man operation. So Can someone help me with the following:

Can someone recommend a good "starter crane?

Can these things be moved by one guy with a hand truck? (I would be hppy wiht a smaller crane).

Can they be moved on their sides in a van?

What is the customary commission split?

How much do you charge to play?

Should it be win every play? If not what percentage wins?

Candy Crane/win every time? Or Plush?

Where can I get good used cranes and how much can I expect to pay? I've seen them on ebay for 200-600.

Any place good on the east coast? (I'm in New York).

i know I have a ton of questions. Thank you for the help.

Can someone recommend a good "starter crane?

Can these things be moved by one guy with a hand truck? (I would be hppy wiht a smaller crane).

Can they be moved on their sides in a van?

What is the customary commission split?

How much do you charge to play?

Should it be win every play? If not what percentage wins?

Candy Crane/win every time? Or Plush?

Where can I get good used cranes and how much can I expect to pay? I've seen them on ebay for 200-600.

Any place good on the east coast? (I'm in New York).

i know I have a ton of questions. Thank you for the help.

i love the old 24" smart cranes. they are not made anymore but smart still stocks the parts for them and supports them.

they are easy to move by yourself with a regular hand truck and can fit almost any location, the design is not as easy to service as some of the other cranes. because you have to turn it around to get to the board and it doesnt have wheels. also if its a higher volume location you may have to stock it more often than a 31" , ive got 3 i found off craigslist and fixed up, guy at betson told me he never gets them in because they are workhorse machines that operators love.

I have moved the small cranes and several 31" cranes with a hand truck however you are going to need to strap it down using a rachet and straps , so an appliance handtruck makes it easier to deal with but get some straps for $5 from harbor freight and u can make it work with a regular one. most cranes seem to have wheels anyway.

you can move it on the side if you remove the gantry first but ive had no problems moving them upright (even the 31" ) on a uhaul even without a lift gate, you may need a friend to help you but they are not hard. a lift gate makes it much easier tho.

i pay 50% off the net with a $0.50 price with around 30% win percentage. you might make more with a $1 winner every time, dunno honestly.

i have a candy crane not placed yet, ive experimented putting 1" caps in it, hard to make it just pick up one cap, may try 2" caps

for used stuff, try craigs list if you are handy and think u can fix them, i got several cranes for $100-300 off there. make sure u r buying a brand that is still supported by whoever makes it, and u can buy parts either that or u can find a universal board that will work with it. check happ controls for parts or betson.

for dealers try betson they are in NJ i believe, got a smart import from their florida branch a few weeks ago for around $1100 with val and waranty the machines come very nice and clean. betson staff was helpful and knowledgeable worked around my schedule and even kicked me a few small parts i needed for another crane free w/ purchase.

Archived