The Nightmare route is our free and clear

acvending

Well, guess thats nothing to brag about but I spoke to the owner  today and basically once we give her the 25% cut from the final collection tally which only going to be about $950 total she is going to to walk away. She does not even want to hold up the 4 month duration of the agreement and take her 25% from any further collections. So we will end up with about 7 locations and about 24 working Vendstars. I know a few are sucky locations and most likely won't be able to sustain a triple but guess we'll see. But we will end up making about $700 bucks at this point plus the machines and remaining locations simply for collecting the money from the machines so while it was not the golden opportunity we had hoped for we still came out ahead. Now I want to sell off a chunk of the Vendstars, maybe 10-15  of em and use the money to buy some nice singles but my partner wants to keep them all. What do you guys think about that?

It seems like you can't get much money for Vendstars, I think you would be better off using the money they produce to get new machines rather than sell them.  But you never know, someone might be willing to pay a decent amount for them.

I would say since you got the machines basically for free just put them out there and work them into the ground I would just replace them as they break down. Let them make the money to pay for the replacements. (Unless you can actually find someone who is willing to pay big money for used vendstar machines.....:)

Adam:

I think you did well on this deal. I know you were hoping for more but it has only been 4-6 weeks if I remember correctly. There are a lot of people here who didn't make $700.00 on the last running of their route. 

I think this was a good exercise for you, and a really good education. In addition you now have 24 free machines. I normally am not a great fan of triples, and Vendstar seem to be one of the poorer ones, but this is still an opportunity for you. I would leave the located ones where they are and replace them when they break. If you have locations waiting, use some of the other ones. If space is not an issue, you can place an ad at a price you are happy with. If you find a buyer that will pay that price you can sell them then. If not keep them working and making money.

As long as the product is fresh, the machines are clean and they work consistently, kids don't care if the machine is a Baever or a Vendstar.

Again, congratulations on a good find and for being persistant enough to follow it through.

Ted

Ted,

I think your post above, along with others like it to the board, is the reason someone felt compelled to nominate you for moderator. I gladly second that nomination. Please give it some thought and either accept or decline here ==> http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=1256&forum_id=11&page=1

Sorry to stray off topic, just trying to get the list cleaned up.

Steve

is it necessary to start a new topic for this?there are at least 2 already about this route.....

I probably coulda buried the new news about the route in the old topic but seemed more appropriate as a new topic. If Steve didnt like it he'd  a probably said something and moved it. :)

I would also say keep them out and making money. Put some away each month so you have money save to replace them with the machine of you choice when the time comes. I have a couple of Vendstars and they are not the best but in the first four months of being out they have paid for themselves. Now I will put some profit away each time to upgrade to a better machine when the time comes. It all about the ROI baby :dude: My other three machines will be paid for in the next four months.

Well we have collected from all but one of the remaining machines and we actually broke the $1000 mark though not by much. Once the remaining machine is collected from the tally should be around $1050. So a bit more than the $950 or so I was anticipating.