Vendo Dr. Pepper machine

Bocephus

Trying to take everyone's advice and buy a machine and then locate it. Found a vendo Dr. Pepper machine the guy is trying to get rid of because the hotel it is located at is going out of business. The only issue with the machine is that the bill acceptor is not taking bills. Am assuming it may just be a deal where it is dirty because the guy had no idea how to clean it. The machine accepts coins fine and keeps the drinks cool. How much will a new bill acceptor cost if I have to replace it?

I am very new to vending. VERY NEW. So my word is not gold, in fact I am probably wrong. But this is just what I have gathered from researching on the forums and just reading stuff.

I believe you can get a DBV for fairly cheap, however, you get what you pay for. I would rather buy a brand new or refurbished higher end DBV so that you know you will not have any issues with it down the road. I would hate to lose an account because I wanted to save 50-100 bucks on a DBV and it stopped working multiple times.

I do not know if all DBV's are compatible with all machines but I know if your machine is MDB it will be much easier to install / find a good DBV.

edit: If you can find out what model your vendo machine is I am sure some of the veteran members of the site may even be able to point you in the right direction.

Trying to take everyone's advice and buy a machine and then locate it. Found a vendo Dr. Pepper machine the guy is trying to get rid of because the hotel it is located at is going out of business. The only issue with the machine is that the bill acceptor is not taking bills. Am assuming it may just be a deal where it is dirty because the guy had no idea how to clean it. The machine accepts coins fine and keeps the drinks cool. How much will a new bill acceptor cost if I have to replace it?

call around to local places, i get mine refurb from a local dealer 50 bucks 6/mo gaurantee.

i have had good luck with ebay too.

For cleaning a DBA http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/7069-validator-cleaning-cards/page__p__74828__hl__+clean%20+dollar__fromsearch__1#entry74828

I know there was another discussion on here about moving a soda machine on its back, but a quick search didn't find it. Maybe someone else knows what that thread it called and can post it.

Well my choices are laying it down in a trailer pulled behind a pickup for free, or renting a box truck from uhaul to transport it

u cant put it in a uhaul box truck....

well you can technically but without a lift gate you are taking a huge risk trying to roll it up the ramp

i would consider that really dangerous...

budget rents trucks w/ a lift gate but they are expensive, and not all of the locations have them in my area there is maybe ONE . u might be able to find a vending repair guy who can move it, here ists 65 bucks,much cheaper than renting a truck.

Well my choices are laying it down in a trailer pulled behind a pickup for free, or renting a box truck from uhaul to transport it

You can haul it on its back.The way the system is built,laying it on its back keeps the oil thats in the compressor in the compressor and the oil in the evaporator there also.I hauled a Vendo 264 50 miles on its back, then plugged it in and it immediately started cooling.

John

You can haul it on its back.The way the system is built,laying it on its back keeps the oil thats in the compressor in the compressor and the oil in the evaporator there also.I hauled a Vendo 264 50 miles on its back, then plugged it in and it immediately started cooling.

John

Thanks!

Archived