Established locations with high cost of goods sold.

vendsmarts

6 weeks ago I noticed reg m&m`s vending with wheel fully open (25 pieces).I reset the wheel to vend at the lowest being 12 pieces.

Today I started checking all my other established locations when i serviced them and they are vending high too. The locations have had the machines on them for years vending fully open wheels. Most are in company breakrooms. So same customers everyday. The last onwer of the machines didnt monitor COGS too well.

PMM at 8. (6 is where i want it and still is costly for me.)

Skittles and reg m&m 25. (Like to keep them around 10.)

Ikes are vending at 18. (Not certain of my ikes COGS but I think it should vend 10 or less.)

Peanuts were vending fine with the open wheels.

This causes 2 problems for me if I want to fix it:

-It will take a lot of time to reset all the wheels.

-Complaints from cuctomers which will lead to drops in sales. ( I already got a complaint today for changing the reg m&m vend 6 weeks ago at the 1 location. I did my best to explain that the costs keep going up on them.)

How do you handle this issue?

I buy my candy in wholesale. Then I can vend larger quantities without incurring losses. For your situation, I would recommend just fixing the problem at the vend wheel. If they complain that it has changed, either explain that the economy is to blame, or change the product out for something new. New product with new expectations should keep everyone happy when you bring the count down. Good luck vendsmarts!

Where do you buy your candy cheap?

Sam`s club is where I get all my candy. Buying online looks too costly with shipping costs.

I`ve made some product changes at the locations that werent doing well. Its the busy locations with high COGS. The best location in my whole route has competition. They prefer my machines because they get a lot per vend. So I wont change it there. I could start slowly closing wheels on the other locations.

I would start to decrease the portions one size every 2-3 cycles depending how often you service. Over time you will have it down to where you want it. That's what I would do. No sense on giving the farm away.

Where do you buy your candy cheap?

Sam`s club is where I get all my candy. Buying online looks too costly with shipping costs.

I`ve made some product changes at the locations that werent doing well. Its the busy locations with high COGS. The best location in my whole route has competition. They prefer my machines because they get a lot per vend. So I wont change it there. I could start slowly closing wheels on the other locations.

I buy my "name brand" candy from Holiday Wholesale in the Wisconsin Dells. Same product as Sams, but in larger quantities, so it's much cheaper. Another good option are candies from A&A Global, which are inexpensive and great sellers. Candy Galaxy and Ice Cream Cones are my best sellers. Again, good luck Vendsmarts!

Archived