For those just starting out

Beer980

If you walk into a place to try and get your machine located pay attention to any other machines that are there. Today while I was working my day job I had a pick up at one of our customers I had not been to in a long time. I do not normally leave the office but this is a regular customer of ours. Well as I walk in the door to the office what do I see, a dejected looking Vendstar in the corner. I point to it and ask the woman what is up with the machine and she replies: we have not seen that guy in like a year??? I said are you serious? Yep it sits 8 feet from her and she has not seen anyone come and service it. Knock knock, this is opportunity here:D. So I say I will bring you a brand new machine (Seaga triple) with your candy of choice and service it every three weeks (my normal service time) if you would like to get it out of the way. She says why not. They have called the number on the charity sticker and it has been disconnected. She looked up the fact sheet on the National Children Cancer Socitey that he left and tried the other number with no luck either. There is a handful or so of Cracked Resses Pieces and cracked Peanut M&M's plus maybe 3 peanuts rolling arround in the other canister left. I went to turn it arround to see if there was another contact sticker on the back and the lid was not even locked on it. Boy if that is not trusting. There is money in it because I heard quarters fall into the trays.

Well I said I will try to make it back on Thursday to bring them my machine if I don't get stuck working another 12 hours and they are fine with that. They are going to put the machine in the back with a sign on it to not use and offered it to me if he does not return in a month. So with 2 bad phone numbers and no service there is no other way to get ahold of the guy. I am going to do some checking to see if I can find any other machine of his in town and check on their service. Now I have heard about abandoned machines before but thought how could anyone do that? So those that are new to locating check those other machines and you just may get a yes for a neglected one. It may lead to other yes answers from a neglected route as well.

You make so many good points for newbie and experienced vendors alike. It is amazing how people spend money on equipment, try to start a vending business, and than walk away without even picking up their machines. This is why you need to not just look through the window and say, "oh well, they already have a machine". You have to talk to the owner or manager and ask them if they are happy with the service they are getting. You need to check to see what they are selling and if the product looks old or new. Those poor selling items could open up the door for replacing that machine or adding yours with the right selling items in it.

Listen to Beer980, he is right-on with his post.

Gary

There is a good, and bad side to this:

Look at your neglected machines? What brand are they? 60% Vendstar, 15% seagas, 15% china machine, 10% a&a, OAK, NW.

What does that say? Vendstar says "we are committed to the vendors, and that they coach there vendors to success". Obviously not due to there amount of abandoned vendors. China & Seagas vendors due not get the amount of support NW, OAK, A&A vendors due. I get calls from these companies, tracking my progress, and offering me help.

Now, the bad side: New vendors tend to want to "kill" other vendors. In the process, they go and ****** these abandoned locations, and in a few months do the same. There for you have 2 vendors who have abandoned equipment. Sometimes 3 or 4 due this, and the locations get burned out. These are the ones where owners are rude, and get nasty with you.

Good JOB MAN! Good luck! Sounds like a win!

Kyle 

You are welcome. Just trying to spread different angles when I find them. I did feel a little bad moving that beat up Vendstar off to the side but they really loved how my black Seaga with gold trim looked. They said they sent off an email to try and get ahold of the guy so they may still get him to come pick it up. If not I will take it and clean it up if he is not interested. I still have one nice Vendstar waiting to go out. I would never abandon my machines unless something extreme happened. My key fit the lid lock and I was going to fasten it down but they said leave it for now, so I think they are going to scoop out the old candy.

Good job Beer.  I have a location with a triple that has not been serviced for a year.  The phone numbers dont work.  I turned the machine around so you only see the back of it.