I went out locating today

novacane

I bought 10 used 800vending machines last week and decided I'd try locating myself to save the money.  I figured how hard can it be right???:D

First stop was my favorite pizza joint. I spend to much time eating  there so I knew they only had a single head with gumballs. It's a busy place so I knew it could support another machine.Plus I knew they'd reconize me even if they don't know my name. :)   I carried the machine in and introduced myself to the owner. Before I could say anything else he says you can leave it over there by the pepsi cooler!   WOW this is easy!!!!!!!

My next stop was a ma and pa movie rental store. Again, they have a wizzard machine in there but nothing else.  Got the owner again. Had to go through my entire pitch this time. She says well we already have the big gumball machine and paused.  I thought this is a no comming.  I had each of the heads  about a 3rd full of candy so people could see what the machine looked like with product in it.  Well, I suprised myself because I'm not a salesmen by any stretch.  Before she could say no I said I can take the gumballs out of the one head and put in any kind of candy you want.  Wala.........she says ok and she would like regular M and M's. ( I had peanut M and M's and Mike and Ikes in the other 2 heads.

Awesome!!!  I have what I think will be 2 good locations and I'm just getting started. This is easy. I should be done in a couple hours I am telling myself .  ROFL!!!   11 no's later and 4 there is noone here who can make that decision at this time I went home like a little puppy with my tail between my legs.:D   I don't like rejection.  It sucks! 

Oh well.....I will look at the positive that I have 2 out there now. I will try again tomorrow but if my dry spell keeps up I may try a locator. 

1 mistake people make when locating machines is not taking a live machine in with them. People use the little photos, and that just does not cut it. Having the machine with you makes people think twice about telling you no.

I have a simple speech in tune with NCCS:

Hello, my name is Kyle Guth here on behalf of the Guth Vending Company. I am placing small bulk vending machines (tap on machine top with hand) for the NCCS. I was wondering if you would allow me to place this machine (tap on machine top with hand) in your business for the kids with cancer.

That is a great, simple speech that gets lots of YESes

Kyle

Thanks.   The no's are not that bad I guess.  I'd rather have had like 6 no's then a yes then 6 more no's and a yes instead of all those no's in a row.  Anyway I'll try again tomorrow.  My wife called the lady that she cleans house for and she said we could leave one in her hair salon so that gets another 1 out of the house.  I don't know how well a hair salon will do but I'll try it.  Can't keep these in the living room for long. My wife is tolerant of my attempt at this business as long as I don't clutter up her house for very long lol.

See Novacane,

That wasn't so bad after all. You just saved yourself a lot of money on a locator. Locators are a huge help when you are not a salesperson but I think that everyone should at least try before they start laying out extra money.

Good job. Keep it up and you'll have it made.

Gary

Hey Folks,

I get one yes for about every twenty nos.  If it costs $50.00 to pay the locator to spot one machine, then I earn $2.50 for every no I receive.

You've got to come out swinging, spot five or so machines, and then regroup for the next time.  Being said no to can wear you down, but it's better having machines in your garage.

I am up to 6 of my 10 on location.  Getting used to the no's now and not taking it personal. I went to over 30 places to get the 3 new locations.  Some I can go back to because the decision maker was not there.

My locations

1. Pizza shop 2. Movie rental place  3. Beauty Salon  4. Beauty Salon  5.  Bar and Grille 6. Oil change place.

Not sure how they will do.  I post in the revenue section when I do my first service. I will have my last 4 out by the end of next week.  (I hope) :D

Nice going Novacane, What part of NY are you from?

It's amazing how quickly you are picking up new accounts. You have what it takes from what I can see. I hope they all turn out to be good locations.

Gary

I am in the Jamestown area. The extreme western edge of the state. I'm not one of those city dwellers. ;)  Often outta staters hear NY and they think we're all from the big apple. Heck, I'm as close to Chicago as I am NY City.