I'm looking at a Dixie 501R that I need your help with. I'm a full-time firefighter and a vendor on the side. One of our firehouses has a 501R that they want to get rid of and my firehouse is looking for a machine. They say everything on the one they're getting rid of works except it dispenses the wrong selection. Does that sound like a board problem? I plan on checking it out to see if maybe they have the labels on the wrong numbered columns, but if that's not the case, are there any other thoughts? I want to see if it's something I can fix for our firehouse and what I can reasonably offer for the machine based on what repairs may be needed.

Thanks!

If it has 3 wide columns and 5 narrow it could very well be filled wrong. Columns form left to right I believe are 3-8-7-6-5-4-2-1. Buttons are probably 2 across 4 deep. Top left is 1 top right is 2 and so on. Double check this as it is entirely possible it is loaded wrong. If it vends the wrong product consistently the easiest fix is to swap labels to the right product ;)

Oops... Asked what machine it was after the listing title already said and so did the post. I guess that's what I get for posting at midnight! :rolleyes: By the time I got done reading the first post, I thought he was talking about a snack machine for some reason, so asked what the model was and went to bed!

Archived