Competing with a full line vendor

Nvending

I have been a bulk vendor for about 3 years and my family did bulk vending for 10+ years when I was younger. I have been loosing a few locations over the past month or so as a full line vendor has been ousting me and putting in his own bulk machines next to his soda or snack machines he has in the same location. From a business standpoint I get it, I think. Your going to stick with the vendor that has the big machines, soda, snack, sandwich. Luckily so far the locations I have lost have not been anything to fret about but I don't want it to keep happening because it all adds up. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas to combat this. I do also dabble in soda machines but I only have 4 and it is not my main focus. Thanks for the feedback.

Depending on contracts, I would opt to change my product. I have gone against other bulk vendors, and by switching out product you can successfully co-habitate. If the business wants to fight, gently remind them that TWO vendors will make them more money. If you can, offer a commission boost. Failing that, I see no alternative but to scout new locations. As Onecent said, full-line guys have a lot more sway than bulk guys do. The nice thing is that there will always be more places to put bulk machines. There are also a lot of locations that cannot support full-line either by space requirements, power capacity, or consumer demand, so don't give up hope Nvending! Also, welcome to the forums!

Thanks PerformaVending. Like I send the ones I have lost have not hurt much so it's ok. Just forces me locate more. We have allot of partnerships with local non-profits to place sponsorship machines so that helps. It just drives me nuts, but then again I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. :-)

Archived