Where do you buy your crane machines?

KPHudson

I run some candy /gumball machines now....looking to possibly get a crane or 2...where do you buy the cranes from? I've seen some at Sam's, but those seems a bit pricey

The Crane business is a bit of a Jump. There are several moving parts. I have had my share of problems witth the S and B cranes. A lot of it learning how to actually work on the machines and get them setup. They have parts available and tech support is awesome.

For the best machine for your buck you cannot beet the made in America quality of http://www.impulseindustries.com/ Evend the products they offer are unbeatable. Go with Impulse Amusements.

I run some candy /gumball machines now....looking to possibly get a crane or 2...where do you buy the cranes from? I've seen some at Sam's, but those seems a bit pricey

i buy them off craigslist mainly, my rule is to try not to spend over $400 on a crane. Yes I have a route of older

equipment from mixed makers b ut this is just getting started. I plan on standardizing and upgrading all my

equipment eventually. before you buy make sure you can still get parts for it. there are a TON of older united textiles

cranes on the used market (treasure chest,talon, greyhound), these are old units but simple and easy to work on.

Also dont be afraid of the older smart cranes, they still have technical support all the old equipment and parts are available (tho quite expensive)

i also have 4 smart "import" cranes i got from Betson used for about $1,000/ea

they offer a waranty and they are very easy to work with in terms of negotiating pricing

and they will sell it set up however you want (with or without DBA and mechs, delievered or not, etc..)

just keep an eye on CL, when you see a good deal snap it up and throw it in the storage until you find a place.

cranes generally run on the same theory of operation, the boards differ from crane to crane but the basic parts are coil, microswitches, relays, coin mech and gantry/claw they all generally work the same tho not necessarily interchangable if you take one apart you've taken most apart.

Also twobits.com makes universal replacement boards that you can throw in just about any older crane.

there are a TON of older united textiles

cranes on the used market (treasure chest,talon, greyhound), these are old units but simple and easy to work on.

So this is made by United Textiles? : http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/tag/2924701705.html

At $200 seems fair but it isn't working. I still need to talk with the guy more to see what the problem is.

yes, i wouldnt pay $200 if its not working unless its something like a power supply tho

also good luck moving that thing i just tried to move one of the 42" suckers today couldnt

get it into my damn truck ended up breaking off the base by accident!

yes, i wouldnt pay $200 if its not working unless its something like a power supply tho

also good luck moving that thing i just tried to move one of the 42" suckers today couldnt

get it into my damn truck ended up breaking off the base by accident!

Ill have to see whats wrong with it and if he has a manual. Im feeling kind of confident though after fixing that hollywood!

Archived