Is Fiji water vendable in DN 501?

Hello Team,

I vend most of my drinks and cans from DN 501 and DN 276. I use Aqufina from Vistar because of the tough plastic. I never get any jams.

My clients know Fiji is a more expensive h2o and are willing to pay more. I see Sams carries them. I also noticed the bottle is of hard plastic also. My concern, the bottle is square instead of oval shaped. ( I wonder will it vend without jamming) ?

My favorite was Zhills until they started making the bottles of the soft plastic. I also found a spring water 20oz size @ samsclub.com......The bottle is a hard plastic also!

Thanks for all your advice and help with this topic!

I'm not sure how the mechanics of the machine work, but my combo machines jammed up constantly with square aseptic containers that a lot of drinks are being produced in. The cylinders rotate 180* dumping one drink while loading another. The problem I ran into with the square containers is that they sit flush against each other; there is no circular integrity for the cylinder to "cut" through in order to vend properly. i actually spend a couple hours fitting a square into a round hole by making plastic tube sleeves to fit around the square containers. it worked, but now i have to worry about customers recycling them as the plastic alone broke down to $.40/each to make each sleeve. they have been recycling them, but I decided to provide a similar beverage in a traditional bottle instead. GOOD LUCK!! ^_^

Archived