I need to polish my globe!!!

Brannon

Ok guys even though I read the use goo-b-gone or wd40 to get the charity stickers off, well i didnt have either of those so I decided to use peanut butter and my finger nail.... :( not a good idea :(. So my globe is of course scuffed up and I have a few other globes that are cloudy and one that is a little yellow. I have AA machines.

Is there any way of polishing these globes to look clear again? I was thinking about maybe a headlight reconditioner, or taking my little car buffer to them.

Any hints or tips would be extremely greatful.

Brannon

I have a couple of suggestions.  Please be advised i have NOT tried either.  1st:  try using a very little bit of Vaseline in the scuffed and or discolored areas.  I have read that it works on car headlights.  2nd which may be a better idea, is use the thing you mentioned.  It is a very fine gritty material used to recondition headlights.  It can be picked up at autozone for about $14 if I remember right.  Great stuff.  Good Luck Brannon.

You could also try PLEXUS. It is the cleaning a polishing spray that they use on aircraft windshields.

What every you uses don't rub to hard in one place. Even the softest cloth will cause scratches on plastic globes.

http://www.westmarine.com

Search Plastic Cleaners

I have never tried it on globes but it is great on plastic windows on boats.

Gary

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...