Facility for conducting honor box business

Metro

Hi. I'm a bulk vendor considering starting an honor box business. I would like to hear from experienced honor box venders about what type of faculty they conduct there business from. Is it their house? A storage unit? (if so, what size?)., an industrial building etc. I'm curious about the square footage required to stock the appropriate amount of items and conduct business. I'm currently operating out of a 10x10 storage unit, but I can't see that as being large enough for a decent honor box route. Thanks for your help.

it depends how big your route is and how many boxes you need to run, 10x10 could be

enough with adequate shelving. I run very tight on inventory, that is to say i buy enough

to do my whole route and have very little left over, what i have left over can fit on 2 large shelves

the major storage hurdle is the assembled boxes this requires 2 shelving units for me

if you are willing to take the boxes apart when they come back in you can do it in

very little space.l

I run 1,000 honor snack boxes out of a 24 X 36 building and had plenty of room.

with 1k boxes i assume you had route drivers, how did you keep the route drivers

from stealing?

The best way to keep a driver from stealing is to do what I call one on ones. Sit down with each driver weekly or bi weekly and talk with them about your business. They are not going to say they did take anything but if they are it makes them uncomfortable and it will help control the problem.

Control is the key word, not eliminate.

Archived