Dress code for Locating?

The Master Key

A bit of a different question.

What kind of clothes does everyone where when trying to place machines? 

I don't think it requires a 3 piece suit but you wouldn't want to go in your gym clothes either.  I usually wear a black polo shirt, black dockers, and black dress shoes.  The clothes are pretty comfortable, while still looking somewhat professional.  Downside, is after a while, I feel like I'm dressed for a funeral.

Brian

honestly, 90% of the time i am in shorts and a t shirt. i dont want them to see me and think of me as a salesman. if they think you are a salesman they wont even want to hear what you are saying.

sometimes i will wear jeans and a button up shirt, usually only when it is cold outside. never any fancier than that.

It does not help to appear sloppy...........thats for sure.  There is nothing wrong with shorts and a tee as long as we look presentable.  I can not wait until the warm weather here in NY.  I bought Tee shirts with T Bird Vending on it and a candy machine on it and the Bird decal.  The look awesome!Also has our company phone number on the tee.

Business casual is my typical attire when I drop off machines and deal with new locations or if I am going to be dealing with a location manager / owner for some reason. Other than that I usually dress a little more casual when I am actually servicing the route.

Like Pusherman, I wear jeans and my West Coast Vend Polo Shirt during the cooler months and shorts and the polo during the hot months.

Locators wear shirt and tie.

Gary

Hey Gary,

That's not fair..... you live in So. Cal. you could wear a pair of Oakleys, no shirt, flip flops, and shorts and still be dressed appropriately:D (just kidding.........kind of) you could actually get away with that in Venice or Huntington Beach....... A lot of San Diego too.:D

Well...well....well...........I am sooooo glad to find this topic on dress atire.   Now my husband will not think I am being silly!!

I wanted to order polo shirts with our name on them.  I think it looks very professional.

Eve

Damn! I knew I was forgetting something. The next time I go locating I'm putting on some clothes.

;>;)

Philo

LOL!........And you were wondering why everyone was looking ' down ' at your waist area and below and not in your eyes when you walked in to locations :huh:

Well...well....well...........I am sooooo glad to find this topic on dress atire.   Now my husband will not think I am being silly!!

I wanted to order polo shirts with our name on them.  I think it looks very professional.

Eve

Why order shirts? Go to your local Office Depot and buy iron-on shirt decal paper and make your own.

Bryan

Do you have any pics of some shirts you made this way?  How do they hold up in the wash?

Yes I was wondering the same thing.   Although shirts like this really are not that expensive....maybe $20?

Eve

Eve

Eve, very good idea.  It makes you look legit.

I had my shirts done locally, 4 colours see avatar. $5.00 each for embroidery.  Shirt extra, but it looks so profesional.

Iron on works but is not long term, starts to look tatered in a short time after many washings. (your milage may vary)

Grumpy

Actually avatar does not show colour properly, but trust me it is four colours. :)