An Open Letter from Gale and Team LRU

I posted this in KandyKing's locator thread, but it's applicable to LRU, so I think it might help out some people here too. :)

Locators 'R Us - placed 1/1 - I'm waiting on re-ordering from LRU because I'm not sure that the placement, which we made two days ago, will stick. If it does stick, I believe that it could be a very good placement -- at a popular, local Chinese restaurant -- and frankly, I will re-order because I really like LRU's/Gayle's attitude.. I'm pleased with LRU's service too, which I'll write about below; however, the placement itself was awkward... Not KickStart "get out!" awkward, mind you, but...

My son and I showed up at the location with the machine. We waited several minutes to see the owner, who upon hearing that we were delivering a snack machine, seemed confused (annoyed?) and then, for a few minutes, agonized over whether to accept the machine. My son and I expected that LRU had "closed the deal" with him, so to speak - and for all I know, they did, and this owner was just having a bad day/few minutes. Regardless, the owner's indecision made the situation feel more like an awkward, in-person cold-call than a drop-off where the owner was expecting us. Ultimately, he said he'd "have to ask [his] wife about it," but that in the meantime, we could place the machine.

To LRU's GREAT CREDIT, after I wrote about this situation to Gayle, I received prompt (next day) email response from both Gayle and her co-worker, Megan, who had "closed the deal" with this owner. Megan felt assured that the owner knew what he was getting, and told her he'd "give it a shot." There's a little nuance between "give it a shot" and "yes" that I wish I'd known before I went to place the machine, but: GREAT service, great response -- this is the first time I've ever found out from a locator why a placement might not have gone as smoothly as planned -- and I really respect that.

I'll be re-ordering from LRU in several days if this placement sticks -- or, if it sticks and Megan finds a replacement, of course, I will pay for two... Go LRU!

Archived