old / new candy

clearcutvending12

if there cracking after 2 months that means were they are at is to hot or the sun is hitting them. OR there are maggots in those nuts inside the M&Ms i had both thing happen to me last year. What i can suggest is 1st dont sell those M&Ms they will turn into a nasty dust of coco and shell. 2nd move the machine if sun is hitting it or try sun screens. 3rd freez the M&Ms if its maggots when you buy new M&Ms freez them if and that should kill them off before the mess up your batch.

"3rd freez the M&Ms if its maggots when you buy new M&Ms freez them"

Is this a good idea considering PM&M's are three different layers that will react to temperture chages at different rates? (hard candy shell, chocolate layer and peanut) I know it is suggested for nuts in hot humid locations but PM&M's ...

Best thing to do is not buy more then you will place in a month. Do not fill to capacity if it will not sell out within six weeks, (service every four weeks) fill according to location needs. Store in a cool, dry, dark place. (65 degrees F is considered about the best for chocolate) On location keep in cool place out of the sun. As a last resort use sunscreens (will protect from direct sun but will do little for solar gain). Best solution for on location problems, switch to a hard candy.

Almost all bulk vendors focus on the money portion of the business, when in actual fact it is the inventory side that will make you or break you.

Grumpy

thanks guys well now i no

i have a single head at this coffe shop full with arouns 140 ounzes of pmm right now, and the sun is righ ton them!

i guess il just hoep for the best , how full should i fill my machines?

i think they look bad if there not full to the top

do u guys?

Benjie, Usually no more than 3/4 full.  Think of it this way, if it's not full, people think other people are eating them, so they must be OK to eat.  I usually stick w/ 3/4 of the way full, and I'm doin well so far *Knock on wood*.

Benjie, if you have PMMs in full sunlight don't just hope for the best, move the machine to a shady spot that is climate controlled or  exchange the head with another product otherwise you're going to have 140 oz of expensive garbage in short order.

Money can be made in our business on PMMs, but its some of the hardest money to make. We have to walk a fine line between vending enough product to get repeat business and keeping the product cost low enough to make it worthwhile. If we have ANY stale/spoilage of product it puts  ROI way out there.

How full should your machines be? You have to work backwards for this. You want your machines to be about 20-25% full when you arrive to service them. ( otherwise the time it takes for the product to go from the top of the cannister to the bottom is time its going stale).  So the amount you put in each head is 20-25% plus location sales.

I always remove money first, then fill the head, so if I pull out a bunch of quarters I estimate the amount of product it takes to sell that amount and replace it.

Its true that machines look better when full, but other considerations ( stale product ) take precedence here.   Tom

Is this a good idea considering PM&M's are three different layers that will react to temperture chages at different rates? (hard candy shell, chocolate layer and peanut) I know it is suggested for nuts in hot humid locations but PM&M's ...

Grumpy,

Somebody here froze a bag of PMM a while back to test this. I cant remember who it was but it is on the board somewhere. If I remember correctly, the test worked and there was no damage to the candy. Maybe someone can dig it up. I thought that Kevin (KPower) had done it but I'm not sure.

Steve