bulk machines and honor boxes

clearcutvending12

ok i was thinkking of an idea

has anyone thouhgt of putting honor boxes on top of som eof your bulk machines,:huh:

i think of it this way.. i can auto maticly have 18 free locations ifi put one on everyone of my machines? and there easy to take care of?

should i try it?

thanks!

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there is like a 50% theft rate of product on honor boxes. I guess it would depend on the location and what you are placing in the box. Maybe a bite sized candy honor box would be the choice.

Brian has the right idea Benjie. If you try one and it works, you can always add more to your route.

Just a few question:

Do you think the honor box will hurt your vending machine business?

If you buy product to fill the honor box, how many pieces could you have disappear, before you are losing money?

Would you try to put items in the honor box that don't compete with your vending machines?

Hey, how about letting someone else place boxes on your machines and giving you a cut of their business.

Thanks

Gary

O.K. This is just an idea.  My u-turns have a cone-shaped top which prevents anyone placing anything on top. So, with that in mind, why not try mounting a small sign on top of your machine. This would prevent anyone else from using your space. You can even offer the sign space to the location as part of the placement deal.

My other business is a monthly news publication. Sometimes we find other publications in our racks. It is our policy to call that other publication and let them know, and if it doesn't change we remove them and throw their stuff in the trash. That's what I would do if another vendor placed their stuff on top of mine.

Bryan