Good Dentyne ice locators !!!

wrovending

If anyone is looking to get their Dentyne ice machines located, check out Midwest Distribution. You can just call and give them a credit or debit card and they will email you your locations. They set it all up for you on whatever day you want to drop it off. They just located 5 machines for me and it took a few weeks but they got me pretty good locations. They are about to locate ten more for me so I will let you guys know how that goes. They got me good locations. Also, when one of the locations was dropped..it was replaced with a new one a day later.

Here they are:

2 gyms (one of which was lost and replaced by an office with 120 employees after the gym changed their mind.)

2 bars

1 pizza place

So obviously they are going for the right kinds of places.

Super pro who makes the machines says gyms, bars, and pizza etc restaurants are generally good locations.

Also, that gym took off my charity sticker...and put it on the front of the machine at an angle. Who does that?:huh: I had to carefully take it off and put it back on the blue part of the machines again. What the hell is the point of that? I mean obviously to get the number, but if you can get down there to tear the sticker off...certainly you can see the number.

So there you go.

Anyway, point is: Midwest seems to be a good choice.

I have heard good things about midwest, but I ended up going with Kickstart for Dentyne Ice locations.

I ordered 10 locations Monday, So far I have

2- Gourmet style pizza places (only places that don't serve liquor)

1- Bar near LSU campus

1- Bar/Grill Near LSU Campus

1- Buffalo Wild Wings near LSU Campus

2-Pizzaria\Bars accross the Mississippi River from LSU

That is 7 locations in 4 days, It would have been 10, but I turned down 2 due to circumstances the locator could have not determined over the phone, and one location the owner was fine with the machine but the Manager did not like it, so it was a no go.

I would not hesitate to order more locations from Kickstart.

Geaux Tigers

"Also, that gym took off my charity sticker...and put it on the front of the machine at an angle. Who does that?:huh: "

wro..........I have had that done to me quite often unfortunately.  I try to put the charity sticker inside the globe now.  Good luck with the DI machines.  I agree with what you say about MidWest.

midwest has got some good DI locations for me as well, but they also got me some poor ones that need relocated and relocated again. Usually the only ones that they get for me that arent that great are break rooms. These machines do not perform in breakrooms but they still get me some locations there which usually end up needing relocated.

We have many customers who are doing very well in breakrooms but you need a fairly high employee base (50+) to support a decent average revenue. Obviously, the more employees the better. Break rooms with a good Coffee Service is also a good match due to the need for breath fresheners with coffee.

Lastly, we have an over-sized point-of-sale piece that's designed to go in the break room that promotes the benefits of chewing sugar free gum, with the goal of educating the employee's and promoting more consumption.  Benefits of chewing the gum include reduced stress and anxiety as well improved memory and recall, all of which most employee's (and employers) are interested in.

Hope this helps...

Steve, spvg

• 1 month later...

Have any of you tried Kickstartvending's "next day service"?I tried it and had a very good experience I put in an order on a Thursday night and had a location Friday morning.Like 12 hours later!I really like Rob he always works hard for you ,and gets good locations.

Curtis

• 2 weeks later...

So I got 5 locations placed over the weekend.  I walked in and asked to speak with the manager from my list that Robert sent (KickStartLocations).  If they were there, I'd start my script "Hi, I'm Ian and I place DI machines in support of NCCS.  I'm assigned to bring in a DI today. etc..."  If they were not there, I'd say "I have pre-arranged with 'manager' to bring in this DI machine".  3 locations told me to come back when the manager was in.  One place closed for the weekend, and one place wants to review the paper work with the owner before deciding.  All-in-all, the locations are great (lots of foot traffic).  I'm really excited about the 5 placed so far and am feeling positive about the 5 I going to place this week.  KickStart is awesome! 

• 1 month later...

We used both KickStart  and MidWest  to locate 20 Dentyne and Certs machines.

It was slow going at first but then the locations came rolling in.  We MidWest gave mainly breakrooms at department stores and companies. The one bar they gave us is doing great with just a Certs. KickStart came back with family restuarants.

We're only in our first month so we'll see.

We're just starting out in Jersey with Dentyne ICE / Certs machines.  We used Midwest locator for about half our 30 machines. 

We used Kick Start for 5 machines because we though he could get more bars/restaurants. So far he's come back with :

Sub Shop

Family Rest

Pizza joint

Chinese Rest

and a Franchise Burger place that fell through

5 total

MidWest got :

a Gym

Hotels

Mall store breakrooms

Golf course

corporate breakrooms

Deli

15 total

10 placed through referrals

It's been less than 45 days so we'll keep you updated.

Hey T Bird

I started out with 10... Than ran across a guy in my vicinity with 20 so we decided to pool resources and work on locations together.

Midwest has been OK, they say the East Coast is tough.  Our plan is to GO_BOLD and do more of our own locating.

Just to update you - Out of the 5 Kickstart provided, 3 Fell/drop/were rejected for various reasons. They did replace one with an Italian Restaurant, awaiting 2 more. We kept the pizza and family rest.

Midwest needed 24 listings to get 15 placed.

It would seem that places that serve alcohol are the preferred choices. Retail stores (or where sales people are), restaurants, and gyms are our target market.

Any thoughts?

Thats far too many that dropped or fell out of five. Thats a big problem IMO. I rarely get a droped location through MidWest. I think out of 45 locations, four dropped for various reasons. Bars and restaurants, health clubs, spas, retail break rooms that have alot of sales people passing through. Those kinds of spots KC.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I think because we only have D.I. that make it harder to place. IMO Everyones mindset was that this was an add-on product to an already existing route. We're new at this. We went from zero to 30 basically overnight on the one product, one machine theory.

Right now on our first cycle, we're averaging $12.00 a month and we want to up those numbers. We took alot of locations that in our gut said they may not be the ideal places but at least they're out of our garage. We were looking not to keep moving the machines for greener pastures. We did turn down places (alot in their opinion).  We just thought it would be right off-the-bat given others experiences. Something we didn't anticipate was the length of time it would take to get them all out the door.

Our mix of locations is a hodgepodge as you can see from a previous post. Some made 0.75 on up to $40+.  We've been waiting for two weeks for new locations from both MidWest (1) and KickStart (2 more) to finish our contract of the ones that fell through. We've given them an expanded area to search because we feel if they could secure one or two it would be worth the drive.

I really appreciate you and others taking the time to follow through and build our knowledge base.

Midwest is the worst when it comes to relocating. They do nothing if you don't call and then throw a bone and nothing again. 3 months ago I paid for 40 to locate and 25 in locations. Haven't got a location in a month. I call and they say we will do this and that but nothing since that call 3 weeks ago.

I will try Kickstart or First Choce as some recommend here.

Seeing the troubles we were having in our area with placing machines through both locators, we decided to send them lists with preferred locations and types of places that should do well.

bar/Restaurant/pizza

It must have worked because Rob (KickStart) came back the next day with 3 locations off our list.

We're placing them tomorrow so we'll report in a month. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to piggyback on the last post

We used Kick Start for 5 machines (all D.I.)

So far  (30 day):

Sub Shop     turned down

Family Rest      16.00

Pizza joint        16.75

Italian Pasta Rest   not collected yet

Chinese Rest    turned down

Franchise Burger place that fell through

Sports bar        just placed

Bar / Restaurant  - on hold

4 total placed

Again, closer to the target of $20 a machine

• 4 weeks later...

So I have 15 locations so far through KickStartLocations. 

1 Cafe

6 Bar

8 Restaurant

I'm averaging about 13.25 a month per location.  It's a big range.  The Cafe my worst place does $2 a month.  One of the restaurants does $26 a month.  For some of my weaker locations, I'm currently in the process of taking advantage of Roberts 'minimum revenue' service in which he will find another location.