Almost ready to start amusement!

Bryan

Hey everyone, I've been browsing this section of the forums for the past month or so and have received some great advice via PM from some of the more seasoned vendors but I do have some questions for everyone. I am currently looking at purchasing a Pile Up machine (stackers knock off), and placing it in a local pizza place that does very well. I already have a great relationship with the owners and currently have a triply candy machine in the restaurant.

Before I bring this up with the owners I would like to know several things:

What kind of commission would we be talking?

I was thinking 50/50 would be fair after the cost of the prizes

Legally, what do I need to do before I can place this machine in the restaurant? I want to try to do everything the right way so that I don't have anything come up a year or two down the road.

I do live in Ohio which currently has a $10 prize redemption law. As long as I offer prizes under $10 in the 'Small Prize' section, am I able to get away with iPods/$100 gift cards in the 'Major Prize' section?

I was also thinking of buying gift cards from the restaurant and using them in the machine as minor prizes, I think both the customers and the owners would appreciate that.

Thank you for all of the help, it really means a lot!

Bryan

What kind of commission would we be talking?

as low as possible lol

I was thinking 50/50 would be fair after the cost of the prizes

that is what i pay but central florida is highly comeptitive and i am only going after big accts

at a pizza shop i would start at whatever% you pay him on the candy machine

Legally, what do I need to do before I can place this machine in the restaurant? I want to try to do everything the right way so that I don't have anything come up a year or two down the road.

check with the state,county and city tax collectors office they will know what stickers you need

I do live in Ohio which currently has a $10 prize redemption law. As long as I offer prizes under $10 in the 'Small Prize' section, am I able to get away with iPods/$100 gift cards in the 'Major Prize' section?

probably not i would say it depends on what you are risking if its a small fine,who cares

Archived