Help with Dixie Narco 501E

Hello,

I recently purchased a used Dixie Narco 501E from a vendor who was downsizing, for our employee break room at work, and took on the responsibility of keeping it up. When I got it, it was set up for cans which is what I wanted. We have all the cans set for .50 cents. They asked for Gatorade, and I have set one up to vend the small 12oz. gatorade bottles, which I have it set for .75 cents. Everything is vending great, except for about every 6th or 7th vend. ( never the same number). The machine will vend the product, and then give the money back also. Real strange to me, of course I've never dealt with a machine like this, the last one we had that just went out, was a 1969 Vendo model.. LOL. Well just hoping someone might know what I may be able to do to possibly fix it. If you need more info just let me know. Thanks....

Did you say It is only happens when you vend the bottles?

More likely it is a coin mech problem in that it gives credit but instead of keeping the coins they are returned.

Can you dupclate the problem only using bills?

Walta

A 501E has the capabilties to give a free soda away. It can be set up to free vend 1 in 5 or 1 in 25 you are the one that makes that call. This may not be your problem as I can't remember for sure if the program gives the money back or gives 2 for the price of one.

There should be a chart on the inner door that will help you change things to not free vend. Good Luck!

Archived