I am bummed!

ahha

I went to go place my first machine today..Just a gumball machine with Tire Kingdom I was so excited to get a good location through Sonya at First Choice. Unfortunately I got there and there was a problem. One guy said we dont allow the vending machines at our stores. And the manager said I didnt see what the problem is. It's for charity.  So I am waiting to get approval from the regional director,  Did leave my charity letter and placement agreement as I have no business cards yet. Shoestring budget here. So waiting to see what Sonya can do. Who knows maybe i can get all the Tire Kingdoms in the area. But alas, I am bummed, it has taken me  Almost 6 months just to get ready to place my first machine..grrr.

Don't let it get to you. It has happened to us all. There is always another location for you. You can download a free program from Avery to design and print your own business cards. I think a pack of business card stock was about $12 for 200 cards. I use it to print mine and I also print my charity stickers with it.

hey thanks for the business card info. I know there are pros and cons. But it was my first machine:( 

And my kids ate most of the gumballs I bought so i had to buy more. The sams club close by was out of them. I panicked as i had to place that machine today. So then I made the 10 mile drive to the next sams club and bought 2 boxes of them. Thank god my son said he is kinda sick of them now. LOL

Yeah, they are free.  Just make the design you want, create an account, and put them in your cart.   Within 3 days they will offer you everything in your cart for free.

Put them in your cart and let them sit there for 3 days?  Is that what you are saying? I was checking them out. 

Hey, I'm right there with you. I'm trying to get my first few machines out also. It isn't easy....period. Passive income....eh..yea...maybe...one of these days, certainly not now.

But I'm starting to learn, or understand rather, what the rest of these guys are saying when they tell you to "have a hard shell when locating" or "don't let the NOs get to you" because it really can bum you out being treated like a pushy salesman all day. I'm a really "down to earth" guy, I like friendly conversations and get along naturally with people, but while locating thats not the first impression managers/owners get of me.

For example, this morning I thought I had a location ready, thought the owner was looking forward to me placing my machine...wrong...he had never heard of my business and basically rushed me off the phone. Even though that one location hardly matters, and he didn't think twice about our talk, Ive spent most of the day rethinking my words wondering what I could have said differently to get the location. I should have just shrugged it off and not thought about it again.

Heh, I'm actually going to go back and really act like a pushy salesman tomorrow!

I'm sure one of these days we will look back and think..." geez...I made a big deal out of that?? "

Hey CCV,

You've got the right attitude. You can't take it personally when someone says 'No'. There's always the next guy/gal down the road. Some days you win and some days you don't.

Just keep your positive attitude and you will get those locations. You learn what works the more you talk to people. You start to change your sales pitch on the run and know just what to say. Every location is different and every location needs to be approached differently. You don't need to be pushy or need to be persistent-there is a difference.

Good luck.

Gary

Seriously, let your cart sit for a few days with the premium business cards.  They will give them to you FREE!!!  They also don't won't have vistaprint.com on the back if you do it this way. 

KC is right. I've done this several times. If you design something, put it in your shopping cart and leave without buying them. In a matter of days they will send you an email offering you your items for free. I've mentioned this in the break room before as well.

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=602&forum_id=11

Steve