The locator WAR!

candyman007

Well, I just had to post this here so you all could come and see the fun over on the Kick-Start Vending Forum.

Good lord, there is so much controversy with Great Lakes Locators.  These verbal assaults are something to really be admired, lol. 

In the beginning I was going to moderate it but I just decided that whatever is said, is said.  There is nothing I can do to help the cause.  Everyone is free to express their own opinions! 

It's quite the battle over here..

http://www.kickstartvending.com/forum

Rob

Yes, I took a gander at was happening and posted the following in the "locator review" section here at VENDiscuss.

I do agree with you that everyone has a right to voice their own opinion, however, I don't feel that arguments and verbal attacks will cultivate a learning environment. It was my hope when I started VENDiscuss to create a place where vendors could go to learn about vending and get honest, relevant answers to their questions. I never wanted it to become a fantastic fireworks show or tabloid. Yeah those threads are great for short term visits and boosting post counts however I would like to prevent this sort of thing from happening here so we can all concentrate more on learning and benefiting from each others experiences.

In light of some recent concerns about potentially slanderous words written about locators and legal threats issued, I would like to take a few moments to let all of our members know where we, as an informational, member driven forum stand on these issues.

I will do what I can to minimize any slanderous comments directed towards locating companies, however, the best way to combat this behavior is for the locator to provide quality service for a fair price. As you know, we do provide a forum for operators to voice opinions and review locating companies they have used. we extend that same courtesy to the locators to rebut any comments made against them as well. It is not my intention to remove this forum as I believe the information that will be compiled here will be very valuable to vendors in their search for reputable locators. Having said that, I will not tolerate any unsubstantiated claims or hateful/vengeful remarks from any member. Your opinion on any given company's performance is welcome but please keep your personal attacks to yourself. If you have had a less than desirable experience with a locator, please just document the facts. No one, including VENDiscuss, will have any legal troubles if only honest facts are given. 

This forum will be closely monitored to prevent any verbal abuses from occurring. If any are found, the member who makes the post will be banned and unable to post here again. Our forum is a place to learn from others, the trade of vending.  

Steve

Nice post.  I agree with you but I am not going to patrol my forum.  I think in time these things work themselves out.  We have already moved onto new topics on my forum! 

As it pertains to you and I, Caserri, I think we are really making progress!  We are both getting more users and comments daily. 

I have been focusing on expanding my company as well as moving in the direction of selling machines and locations. 

I am actually meeting with a locator in southwest Florida next week.  He is going to work for my Kick-Start site when it is up.  He is VERY professional.  He has his own call centers and locators all around the country. 

Steve, I may have the opportunity to nail down some contracts for exclusive rights to some vending machines.  I will let you know how it goes at the meeting next week, I may need a partner and it seems like we are both on the same track. 

To making money!  - Rob

That is how it started, an honest assesment of a service received. It became a circus shortly thereafter. I don't excuse myself for my comments, but that guy who came on there was totally out of line. I agree with you Caserri, you provide a quality service and no issues will come of it.

But it's over and done, hopefully in the future we will not see another incident like that.

Thanks Baxson.

I appreciate your support here. I can appreciate your assessment of services rendered and I have no problem with your comments either there or here. I would also have no problem seeing an educated, well thought out rebuttal from the locating company. I will not, however, allow the inflammatory posts like those that Lloyd posted, so it would have never gone that far here.

I am not trying to keep too tight a reign on things here, but at the same time, I will not allow our community to spiral out of control and become some message board for hate.  I really meant what I said about why I started this forum and as a young forum we are susceptible to downfall by this sort of thing and I simply will not have it.

All it takes are a couple "bad apples" like Lloyd to ruin it for the rest of us.

Steve

I would not count on it being over. I am trying my best to stay out of the blow up on KS. I am disappointed in Rob, and have sent him an E-Mail telling him that I will leave is board if he does not shape things up. I do not want to get any legal action taken on me. I am keeping out of this, but we all know GLL will be patrolling the board for Rob after that. This is just bad!! We could not type there name in a post without someone blowing up.

K.G.