Charity Stickers

mvalanoski

Ok, I have another topic to brew up so I hope my serial posting isn't frowned upon [which I'm thinking it won't be, haha:cool:] but anyway, I am going to start to participate in a charity to help secure locations and also to donate towards a good cause. Anyway, I have read that the charity sends labels and whatnot and I was curious as to where other vendors put these labels or how. Are the adhesives similar to stamps or labels? If so, wouldn't it be difficult to detatch from the machine if needed to do so? If that's the case, do some of you display the cause in a different manner?

Thanks!

Hey MV.

A lot of the charity labels are stickers. Some people attach them to the top of the machines or the sides. I put mine on the pipe stand. If you use the stickers it will be harder for you to remove them if you don't want them anymore. I am sure that some just tape them on so they can be removed. If you change charities you can always cover one sticker with another. There are also so many products on the market that will take those stickers off with ease.

Gary

Iuse a small piece of clear packing tape on each corner of the decal and put it inside the globe / canister. It works well for me. The decals I use aren't too large so they don't block product view. I also make most of my own candy labels and I can make them fit well with the charity decal.

Making your own labels sounds like a great idea, didn't even think of that. Could probably produce a much more attractive design as I'm proficient with Photoshop and have a nice higher-end printer with tons of photo paper. Might give that a try when I get situated on the goods I want to sell.

Thanks for the info!

Ok, I have another topic to brew up so I hope my serial posting isn't frowned upon [which I'm thinking it won't be, haha:cool:] but anyway, I am going to start to participate in a charity to help secure locations and also to donate towards a good cause. Anyway, I have read that the charity sends labels and whatnot and I was curious as to where other vendors put these labels or how. Are the adhesives similar to stamps or labels? If so, wouldn't it be difficult to detatch from the machine if needed to do so? If that's the case, do some of you display the cause in a different manner?

Thanks!

mva,

I have mentioned this before but I can't seem to locate it right now. What I do with charity stickers is laminate them and place them inside the globe. This serves several purposes.

• It protects the label from vandalism. They cost you money to keep them so you should protect them as such.
  • It makes them interchangeable. Most vendors use different machines or charities for different locations. Laminating the label allows you to place the label in any machine or location as you see fit without the hassle of trying to remove a sticker. 
  • If and when you decide to return the labels, it is obviously cleaner and easier.
Hope this helps,

Steve

mvalanoski there is a good free program you can download from Avery to make labels. It is called DesignPro and I use it to make my own charity stickers as the local Humane Society has none. You just buy the matching sticker paper from an office supply store and pick the right number from the printing list. Mine are #5444 and measure 2 X 4 inches with two per sheet.

Wow, some great info from the past few posts. I do have some questions/comments based on said info. I think the laminating idea is great, I'll have to surely invest in a decent machine to get labels, display cards, etc. in prestine condition. On the notion of creating your own stickers for a charity, how does that work out? I'm under the impression that you "pay" the charity said amount for a sticker to be placed on a machine and that same amount afterwards for any other machines you may aquire. If you print your own stickers for as many machines as you want, do you have a set amount to donate to the charity? Are you still recognized as being apart of a program even though it's not provided?

Thanks!

Wow, some great info from the past few posts. I do have some questions/comments based on said info. I think the laminating idea is great, I'll have to surely invest in a decent machine to get labels, display cards, etc. in prestine condition. On the notion of creating your own stickers for a charity, how does that work out? I'm under the impression that you "pay" the charity said amount for a sticker to be placed on a machine and that same amount afterwards for any other machines you may aquire. If you print your own stickers for as many machines as you want, do you have a set amount to donate to the charity? Are you still recognized as being apart of a program even though it's not provided?

Thanks!

If you're using a national charity, they provide the sticker and you pay any where from $1.50 to $2 for the sticker, per month. If you're using a local charity that doesn't have a vending outreach program, talk to the director and see if it's alright to make your own sticker for the machines.

We're a local non profit organization and I place the machines to generate funds for the organization. I make my own stickers with a personal flair for each business. On the bottom of the sticker it says "Thank You For Patonizing" with the name or logo of the business.

I am not sure on the cost per sticker of a laminating machine. I just buy the self sealing laminating sheet packs from Sam's. You get 25 8 X 11 sheets per pack. I just fill the page up, peel off the laminate sheet and cut them out. The local Humane Society gets 20% from the machine I have at their location and $1 from my other machines.