Ebay Fail

lurtsman

If you guys ever sell a card on ebay ship it to them do not email them the code on the card.

My brother sold a card for like $8 over face value and the buyer emailed saying please email the code so i can use it right away. So he did just trying to help the guy and the buyer claimed someone hacked into his account and bought the card and it was never him. So the buyer was refunded his money by paypal after fighting against it the whole time even showing ebay and paypal the emails and account messages. They gave the guy the 308 back because my brother never shipped it and they said that it couldnt be proved that the guy got it.

The current bid is 51 dollars for a 50 dollar gift card.

This one is over the value of the card and there is a shipping charge. Did the transfat clog their brain? Go figure.

Where is Ron White when you need him??!! (LOL)

If you guys ever sell a card on ebay ship it to them do not email them the code on the card.

My brother sold a card for like $8 over face value and the buyer emailed saying please email the code so i can use it right away. So he did just trying to help the guy and the buyer claimed someone hacked into his account and bought the card and it was never him. So the buyer was refunded his money by paypal after fighting against it the whole time even showing ebay and paypal the emails and account messages. They gave the guy the 308 back because my brother never shipped it and they said that it couldnt be proved that the guy got it.

That is why eBay sucks if you are the seller! The buyer has all the "rights" and the benefit of the doubt. The burden of proof is on the seller in a "item not received" case. That is why the seller always needs tracking info on every eBay transaction to protect against that. That is also why I only do cash on a local pickup item. It's possible for a buyer to pay the seller via Paypal, pickup the item locally and then file a "item not received" claim. And guess what? eBay/Paypal will refund the buyer since the seller can not prove the buyer has received the item (since there is no tracking info)! And eBay/Paypal even states that in their so-called seller protection policies. The seller is S.O.L. in that case. Sorry to get a bit off topic, but that policy really really bugs me!

It can be nasty. I've started to sell more through Ebay. I've won my disputes. I had to refund money to one idiot who paid for an item and refused to give me a valid address for shipping the item. He took a month to do it after refusing to respond to any e-mail asking where to send the package. I would've liked to dock part of the costs because he wasted my time and was thoroughly unprofessional.

The worst I got was someone who got the package and started lying about the auction description and demanding I give him brand new equipment after stating that things were heavily used, showed the wear, and may not be working fully. He threw a fit and started making all manner of threats. He said it was impossible to view the listing after it was closed. I offered to send him a link and he didn't want to view it. When he tried to steal money through paypal I called the claims department. They read the auction, looked at his complaint, and said the item was perfectly described. They closed the case immediately. He threatened to dispute charges on his credit card (worst thing on ebay is that you can't set your auctions to "I will only take paypal if it is funded without a credit card"). I tried to reason with him, but to no avail. Finally he gave up without disputing, which was good. I didn't want to infuriate him, so I didn't tell him that I had already prepared to contact his local police department to file criminal charges for fraud.

Long story short. Take good pictures, write a good description, and have delivery confirmation. Local pick up is clearly a cash only transaction, no sense giving paypal 3% so they can help a buyer steal from you.

Archived