DENTYNE ICE MACHINES

joehop

JUST WONDERING IF ANY SUPERPRO VENDERS CAN TELL ME WHY SOMETIMES I HAVE TO TAP THE TOP OF THE DENTYNE ICE MACHINE I JUST BOUGHT TO GET THE GUM TO FINISH FALLING OR WHY SOMETIMES ONLY 1 PIECE FALLS INSTEAD OF 2

Joe:

The wheel is design to vend 2 pieces per vend, however, because there is a slight variance in the  size of the gum pellets, you will get an occasional 1 or 3 pellets, but should still expect to average 2 for a full bag. Most of the 3-piece vends come from gum pellets squeezing between the springs in the spring housing. This can be greatly reduced with less weight (product) in the machine.

Steve, spvg

• 2 weeks later...

On another note, I put together two Superpro machines with their double bracket and stand last evening.  This way I could vend Certs and Dentyne Ice.  I am a little concerned about the base not being wide enough and the machine rocking a little too much.  Who has doubles with that configuration on location gang?   The alternative for me is to use an Amerivend stand and double bracket.  The thing is I would have to drill a hole for each machine where the center rod protrudes at the bottom of the base so that the machine sits properly.

The pressure point where the stand meets the base becomes a bit more of an issue with the double head configuration.

One thing you can do to stabilize it more is to place a 1 5/8th washer between the pole and base. You can apply a matching paint to the washer if you want it to blend better.  We've done this with several doubles and it really helps.

We're also working on another "stabilizing solution" and will report more when we have it ready.

Steve, spvg

• 1 month later...

Last night I took an Amerivend stand and drilled a hole on each side of the double bracket that came with the stand so that the center pole nut on the bottom of the DI machine fits and sits through the bracket.  I put it together and I think this set up is 100% more stable than the Superpro beige stand that you can buy with the Certs or DI machine.  I am going to put 3 more together and switch them out on location with 3 DI stands that are VERY shaky.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked up the Amerivend stand and double plate.  That'll add another $43 plus shipping to our cost.  I think we'll stick with what we have for now. Unless you know of a place that's cheaper?