Cashews, Jolly Ranchers, Peanut MM

westlakevending

I have plenty of locations requesting cashews. I tried them on a trial bases at one location. They thought that they were getting ripped off....basically not getting enough bang for their quarter. When i adjust the wheel they are getting 20grams of cashews for a quarter. I did the math and there is 6.25 profit in a can of cashews....just wondering how everyone is vending them out......

Next, I remember on a different fourm someone vending jolly ranchers just curious to see how those are vending?

Next, peanut m&m are my number one seller however, they are cracking,..... has anyone ever used the sun shields?

Thanks

West Lake

Westlake,

First off, I have had very little success with cashews. They are, in my opinion, just way too expensive for bulk vending. You get caught in that area where if you vend a fair amount you take a hit but if you're too stingy then you hear about it from the customers. I'm sure some will tell you that they can make it work however I choose not to even bother.

Next, I remember on a different fourm someone vending jolly ranchers just curious to see how those are vending?

Yes I remember seeing this on the forum you are talking about. I don't know how he ever made out with those though. I would like to get him on here to give us an update.

Next, peanut m&m are my number one seller however, they are cracking,..... has anyone ever used the sun shields?

sunshields will help if your machine is located in direct sunlight but you have to also remember that cracking occurs because of the air temp inside the globe. Even machines located away from windows will produce cracked PMM if it is in a warm location. Obviously there is not much you can do to control the temp in your locations.

Steve

I am not vending cashews, but I have a nice little nut medley I am happy with and doesn't cost that much. I purchased the mixed nuts and the virginia large peanuts from Sam's. I mix the Virginia Peanuts(4.88 a can) and Mixed Nuts(9.88 a can) with a 2-1 ratio respectively. I find people like it because they think they are getting more nuts and a great variety. I have done quite well with the few locations I have tried, and I am looking to swap out a few more this next time I service.

My nut locations have been in service exactly 18 days and I haven't seen that problem yet. I select locations that run air conditioning 24/7, I'm in Phoenix, and pretty much look like places that little critters wouldn't be crawling around. I'll let you know if I have any problem with the combo, but thus far I love it! It is selling much better then my other two selections, PMM( Peanut M&M's) and DB( Dubble Bubble).

There is no one posting in that section!

Hello? Thats exactly why I'm asking for your support! We have 2 vendors actively reporting there now and we can always use more. we have to start somewhere.

Steve

We use Cashews also some locations they do well others they do not we get 6-64 oz cans of Planters brand cashews for 59.89 at 1/2 oz servings our cost is .08 a vend oh yeah we get this deal at GFS Gordon Food Service 

• 2 months later...

We use Cashews also some locations they do well others they do not we get 6-64 oz cans of Planters brand cashews for 59.89 at 1/2 oz servings our cost is .08 a vend oh yeah we get this deal at GFS Gordon Food Service 

iif that price is before taxes u would get better deal at sams