multicade

ronsidney

I know we had a thread about this but i can't find it where someone mentioned a guy making it three games for a dollar and having great success with just changing graphics every month and changing game..

well i was wanting to build some more for my route as its a good addition to my locations to keep other operators at bay.. mostly big companies like service vending and also some medium size bulk operators that are now adding cranes to their lineup,,they have increasingly hit up my locations to offer their services over mine.. but i notice if they have to offer games like stackers or videos they walk right on by and don't want to mess with those things..dont blame them really as when i first started cranes i didn't want to either ,rather became a necessity because game operators would take my stops if i didn't (mostly in a truckstop or bar type account)..

so with that said i decided to build a multicade like was mentioned where i could just change front plexi out to new game(like video pokers do) every few months...i am using the vertical classical games board 60-1 so i have pac-man,ms pac-man,frogger,donkey kong and jr, burger time, galaga, gyruss,dig dug 1&2, 1943, galaxian, space invaders, zaxxon, etc... I also have the horizontal board also i can ad but i will have to take out monitor and put in sideways(aka horizontal,duhh) for games like defender and super mario brothers.

now i have really went through the lists to make this as cheap as possible.. I am using flat screen monitors from surplus services like where a skyscraper puts all new flat screens on all of their pcs and sell the old ones,,i got 40 for about 10 bucks each after shipping, built new holder for monitor custom so i can use this type monitor..using wei ya power supply i use in my pushers as it has external 110 outlet i can plug monitor in so its all complete with no special wiring ... only having 2 buttons for fire and bomb and these are only 2 required for all these games,, so 2 left hand,2right hand and 1 and 2 player buttons only and one joystick....made cabinet so no metal is required for edging etc. and no hinges just coin doors inserted in front panel...coin door I'm using will accept one 738 type mech i use in pushers,,optional coin door will take this and dba ..

got my total costs way down, don't even want to mention it here because i might want to sell them also..

take a look at cabinet and give me some feedback on look of it...i want it compact so its easy to move around, the size is 24 wide, and about 5'5 tall...this photo is not complete unit as i don't have graphics design for plexi's yet..gonna have removable plexi for front of monitor,and joystick panel... ill update with new pic once i have a few made with plexi's installed..

gonna build some cocktail type tables also,,but they are gonna be full restaurant tables with games installed and tempered glass top so i could just replace a table in say a bowling alley,,gonna make this custom for a small chain of locations i have that has repeatedly ask for something "like those video pokers in vegas that are right there in the bar tops"..

post-1803-0-43300100-1348459874_thumb.jpg

ron

if u are planning to sell them do a cnc template for the control panel with 8-liner buttons and a cutout for a ticket print, easy to just swap the panel and harness and sell an 8 liner cab with no additional cost to you,just a thought.

also i dont think it was a topic we were talking on the phone, the guy i know does 5 plays for a buck or

something like that, it really doesnt matter the point is, theres no product so install a DBA and make the

customer feel like they got a good value.

yeah i was afraid it looked to much like the "slimline" pot of gold cabinets.. i don't think it will matter as far as earnings go but i was afraid of maybe some locations thinking it was a poker machine..expecially when seen like through the front windows when someone pulls up in the parking lot.

i may put in a "switch box" and put the multicade on the VGA plug and put a 8 liner board on the CGA ,,then you just switch between the two like a remote control..all controls on 8 liner would have to use joystick and buttons on top,or possible ad touchscreen monitor..would be complicated to build but would make a "incognito" 8 liner!!

the extra panel would be simple to ad instead of joystick layout but they are so cheap on the market right now anyway i don't think it would have much interest..

ron

Archived