Guan Shing crane strong/weak timer question

dogcow

anyone have a crane made by guan shing, it uses a "strong timer" and a "weak timer" to control the voltages. does anyone have the slightest idea how to set this up? ive messed with it for hours and cant figure it out the manual is written in pidgin english ANY help greatly appreciated!

anyone have a crane made by guan shing, it uses a "strong timer" and a "weak timer" to control the voltages. does anyone have the slightest idea how to set this up? ive messed with it for hours and cant figure it out the manual is written in pidgin english ANY help greatly appreciated!

turn it off and flip up switch on back of coin mech,,turn it back on and push joystick right to get strong voltage and then adjust dial,,push joystick up to get weak voltage and then turn dial to adjust.. This is how the ones i got from guan shin where set up..

then just turn off and flip switch down again and turn on..same way as coastal toy soldiers and old c2c made by wu mar..

ron

turn it off and flip up switch on back of coin mech,,turn it back on and push joystick right to get strong voltage and then adjust dial,,push joystick up to get weak voltage and then turn dial to adjust.. This is how the ones i got from guan shin where set up..

then just turn off and flip switch down again and turn on..same way as coastal toy soldiers and old c2c made by wu mar..

ron

well, no i figured out how to set the voltage thats not what i am asking. i am asking how to set the timers to

control the pct, the manual doesnt explain what the timers do,exactly it just says "weak timer" , "strong timer"

i set the weak timer to 10s and the "strong claw" light on the board cycles on every 10s but when the claw up switch is actuated

it immediately switches to weak even if only 1s has elapsed. but if i change the strong setting to 7 seconds (from 5s) it will stay on all the way to the prize chute every time. i set the claw up timer to 3s, so if the claw raises in 3s, 5 s should at least hold the toy

a little bit, it doesnt make any sense how this works. any help appreciate thanks

i am beyond frustrated with this thing, at first it went 2 months and paid out maybe 2 prizes

then i changed the settings and it paid out the whole machine ($30 or so in plush) in one day

and only about $5 worth of plays...i changed the settings back but its already caused probs for me

with the low payout people complain its broken and the location owner keeps telling me to come fix it

because it never pays out , i run my other cranes so a plush is paid out around 5-7 bucks ea , if

someone plays $10 thru the machine and doesnt win anything they complain its not working, also i believe

the owners wife was playing a lot of $ in it and complaining it never let her win. i gave her a few plush today

to keep her calm

ok answering my own question, i f'ed with it for 3hrs and figured it out, no thanks to the directions.

it works in a timing system and is EXTREMELY skill based, in fact, if someone figures the timing out

they can easily win every time. I attracted a big crowd by winning 15 prizes on a $10 play.

anyway the way it works is it has 2 settings for "strong timer" and "weak timer" , each setting corresponds to either the strong and weak claw strengths. it cycles between the two. Weak timer controls the speed of the cycling. So for example i have a weak timer = 3 sec , and strong timer = 6 sec. this means every 3 seconds it changes to a strong setting for 6 seconds then back to weak for 3 seconds. once you have a cycling range you like, you can use the motor speed controls to fine tune it. god help you if you change products because it takes forever to get it set up again. also i think i will be changing the motor speed or timing every cycle to keep

people from figuring it out.

to see whats going on, there is an LED on the board, when it kicks on that means its in a strong cycle

when it kicks off its in a weak cycle. I have it timed so that if you hit down on the very end of the weak cycle it will

pick up the toy and potentially give you a winner. it really helps to see

the LED but i think if you played $20 or $30 through it you could figure outthe timing.

Archived