Addon cooler for snack machine

rugby1725

I have a snack machine that has a cooling unit added onto it and I'm trying to find out any info on it or the company that I can.

It says on it that it is manufactured by Chill Factor Co out of VIsta, CA I can't find anything online about the company or this part. It's cooling OK but I really need to bring it down a few more degrees as I'm getting some melting on chocolate. There isn't a dial on the thing that I can find and it has an umbilical into the machine but there isn't anything in the control board menus that looks like I can adjust to change the cycle temperatures.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kris

I have a snack machine that has a cooling unit added onto it and I'm trying to find out any info on it or the company that I can.

It says on it that it is manufactured by Chill Factor Co out of VIsta, CA I can't find anything online about the company or this part. It's cooling OK but I really need to bring it down a few more degrees as I'm getting some melting on chocolate. There isn't a dial on the thing that I can find and it has an umbilical into the machine but there isn't anything in the control board menus that looks like I can adjust to change the cycle temperatures.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kris

Not sure if Chill Factor is still in business or not. The cord running into the machine is the power cord there is no connection to the control board, at least not the ones that I have had in the past.

There were several companies that made these types of chillers and some had temp adjustment capability and others didn't. Here are a couple of suggestions

Pull the top cover off and make sure that the condenser is clean and the fans are working and that airflow through the unit is not impeded. If there is a thermostat control on this unit it will also be under the top cover.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

I cleaned it before I left last time and this time seemed better but it could have just been that the weather around here was cooler. I'm thinking that it really took a beating around here when we had a stretch of 12 100+ degree days. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on it, it sits by a door that gets left open in sometimes in the summer so I'm thinking of either painting that side white or put some white stickon shelf paper on that side to try and reflect some of the heat.

Archived