Does Dixie-Narco still make conventional stack beverage vending machines?

PinkJazzX

I was wondering, Dixie-Narco's website has been "under construction" for several months now, clicking on their products link takes you to Crane Merchandising Systems' website. The Crane MS website only mentions the BevMax, with no mention of the Dixie-Narco P-Series anywhere.

So, has Dixie-Narco stopped making conventional stack machines? I was hoping they would be awarded the contract for the Pepsi Social Vending Machine. If Dixie-Narco has indeed stopped making conventional stack machines, it looks like Vendo will get the contract for the Pepsi Social Machine, since Royal has Coke's contract for their touchscreen vendor.

While the BevMax 4 has apparently become the glass front vendor of choice by most Coke and Pepsi bottlers in recent years, I would find it surprising that D-N would give up the conventional stack vendor market to Vendo and Royal.

Now, I have seen concepts for see-through touchscreen vending machines, and it would be very cool to see a BevMax with that. Crane has recently redesigned the BevMax with the Merchant Media touchscreen and cashless payment system alongside the National Merchant snack vendor. I can't to wait to see one of these machines in person.

Yes they do...and have made several unique changes! Biggest change I have seen so far is DC vend motors, with sensors everywhere. The "640" is basically a 600 in the footprint of a 501..and is much lighter due to thinner metals and these motors.. I'm not a DixieNarco rep.. But I work with Pepsi machines every day..

Yes they do...and have made several unique changes! Biggest change I have seen so far is DC vend motors, with sensors everywhere. The "640" is basically a 600 in the footprint of a 501..and is much lighter due to thinner metals and these motors.. I'm not a DixieNarco rep.. But I work with Pepsi machines every day..

What is the name of this new series? The P-series (replacement for the E-series) models were 504P and 720P. For Pepsi, the P-series were made exclusively in the HVV style. The Pepsi version of the 504P is a 6 selection/7 column model, while the 720P is a 12 selection/10 column model. The 720P is the height of a 501E, with slightly more capacity than the 600E.

• 3 weeks later...

Stay away from the DN P series. We had quite a few of them and they gave us fits. When I worked for an individual owner he bought 20 of them when they first came out years ago. Almost got into a law suit over them. All sorts of problems. We had DN factory Techs visit us on more than one occasion to try and straighten them out, We ended up sending the 20 units back and The Distributor (Not DN) sent us 20 refurbed 501e's. to replace them. Problem solved. I now work for A LARGE concern who uses only machines from Pepsi/Coke. They still use the P series DN and they still give more problems than the E series DN machines. Not quite as much but more than the E series. I would try and get some E Series Dn's or Vendos.

Archived