Toy Fantasy Crane Please Help

beezneez25

I have a Toy Paradise Crane i bought at an auction. Took a gamble on it and spent $100. Looks like i got a lemon. I dont know much about cranes. The claw works half the time and the coin mech and dbv dont work either. I can replace the dbv easy enough but i dont know why the claw functions 50% of the time. Thinking it might be a board issue but not sure. I desperately need a manual for this but cant find one. The powersupply and just about everything else is in chinese or japanese. Is this a lost cause? Do i send the board off to be repaired? If so where? Anyone in the St.Louis area that can fix cranes? I really want to get it up and running. Would be willing to sink up to $500 to get it running properly. Any suggestions would be aprreciated. Thanks.

$500? forget it. you can buy a used crane from a reputable brand for $800 and thats on the high end.

yeah basically u got an import probably one of the lower end manufacturers. you will have to supply a little more detail than that. what do you mean by " The claw works half the time".... does it not close? not move? does it home when you turn it on?

as far as the coin mech and dba, the comparitor mechs on these machines are pretty flakey just take out the mech and wire a switch to the white and black wires (the red wire is 12v so be careful to do that with the machine off, and cap it). then u can pulses the coin line manually, if it works then its not a board issue just a bad mech.

the dba, dont replace it unless u know the correct voltage your end up burning out a perfectly good dbv. the validator in some cranes has it own board input, some it doesnt. but either way a validator can be connected to the coin line (or vice versa) so it doesnt

really matter if the board input for one of them isn't working right.

most likely forget about sending the board out for repair unless the odd chance a local repair guy is familiar with those board, while many are similar one of the other members here says they wont always work 100% right if you swap it out with another manufacturer's board. Twobits.com sells a universal crane replacement board but u have to do a lot of rewiring and its very basic with really no features like percentaing it doesnt even

have a way to adjust the claw you have to add your oown pot.

i bought the container of those toy paradise's,,can't see your pic but if its yellow with small exit chute with red tape around it for graphics then its probably one of the ones i brought in....

they where junk and i dumped them at auctions,,i got 7-800 for most of them and they only cost 380 from factory plus freight,,costs about 5K for 49 shipped to my door...

they are the epitome of chinese junk!! when i lined them up in warehouse you could see the handiwork of a chinese crook that had no clue what he was building, probably got a instruction manual down at the communists headquarters and went to work.. as they where in the line you could see different heights where locks where put in doors,control boxes crooked, different graphics,etc.. they where mickey moused together in somebody's garage..

if they don't work just replace all wiring...the wires are really the biggest crap of the crane,, i went to replace a soldered in of wire on gantry as it was acting funny and wouldn't work,,so iwas gonna put plug on end so i could plug into prox switch...well i went to strip wire back and pulled the entire conductor(aluminum thread) out of insulation about 2 ft of it!!!! I couldn't believe it ! the wire was broke is so many places within the insulation coating..luckily i have some wire kits i buy from feiloli and basically all crane gantries are the same so i just replace whole wire from board to gantry..

toss it if you don't know how to work on them,,you don't want to train yourself on this crap.

factory was schenzen metal cabinet...dont know if they if are still in business..

ron

Archived