Throwing in the towel !

Tiffeney

Well I have listed my candy route on a free site for $4300 that includes my candy , machines, and the locations also with all extra part I have ! 

Kyle >> I guess you are right all biz-op come to a end  !  I do got to say I am still taking care of my machines till I sell !

Why ?

If ya all have not missed me lately !  All I can say is it is not for me I am tired of it !  Every 2 weeks it seems to be something else !  I treat all my locations good always leave candy in the shoots for them and alway talk the owners up. There are 2 to 4 locations I get anoyed with the most one is a salon that calls for the dumbest things even though I am always giving them extra quarters if my machine rips someone off !  This last time they called because the machine was only giving out 2 Reese's at a time so I ran down there and checked it out and when I turn the wheel a sh*t load poured right out turns out they did not spin the wheel all the way WHAT a WASTE of TIME and GAS ! That is not the only reason I am just ready to take my lost and get what I can for the Business.  I am tired of only pulling in about 300 a month !  I am not getting even close to making my money back !  Any I am sure I can go on and on like how I lost so many location due to locations going out of business !  I will still stop in and see how ya all are doing who know I might end up keeping a location near my house that I like !  As of right now being pregnant is enough stress for me !

Tiffeney it is a sad day when you have lost your BULK joy. :(

Before I started in the bulk arena I had always looked forward to reading your posts both here and at KS. They were so full of enthusiam and forward looking to the next challenge. (you once wrote you wondered what that grumpy guy at the other forum thought) Well now you know, I really did look forward to your next post, and experience in starting your bulk run, it was enlighting, the spunk you showed through the challenges. (been missing that lately)

I now how challenging PITA customers can be, but you should just let it roll off of your shoulders, and when they are really to much of a Pain In The A$$, dump them.

If there is a chance that you haven't totally given up, lets us know how we can help! (moral support, suggestions, ideas)

Take care

Grumpy

Tear !!

I have already gotten a bunch of replys about buying them so I am pretty sure they will be gone by the end of this month !  It just does not make any sense to me how long it will take me to make ALL my money back Jezz I spend at least $25-$30 on buying Pm&ms every month then I have to pay for gas to do the run then I deduct that out of what 300 that I pull in if that every month it just seems like it is not worth it anymore ! I just started to run out of the "free" candy vendstar included in the deal and I now have to go buy M&Ike so next month that $25-30 bill for candy will go up and we all know that gas will be up too ! 

Tiffeney

I'm sorry to see you go. I'm a total newbie and really enjoyed reading all your posts, but I can understand why this doesn't work for you anymore.

At least now you'll have a fleet of three (soon to be four) budding sales associates that you can train and in ten years or so, take over the vending world :-)

Congratulations on the new family member and the best of luck to you.

Barb

It is nice to know even the new ones liked my post ! I have made many friends on here and I still plan on checking in every once in a while to see how everyone is doing !  After 9 months of doing this it really has been a challenge !  I am now going threw with talking to 4 people about buying the machines some have no idea and 1 out of the 4 knows about it and is trying to only pay 3900 and jezz  I am so tired of talking on the phone explaining everything !  I am now going to delete the ad on craigslist due to I am tired of the phone ringing .  Maybe I should be asking for more due to all the responses I have got ?  I do not know I think my price is to low , but I am not trying to rip others off the way I got ripped !

Oh no Tiffeney. I am so sorry to see this post from you. I really enjoyed all your posts. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you do in the future.

As long as you get most of the money you spent back, you should chalk it up as a real learning experience. This business is not for everyone. You should never say that you didn't try.

Good bye and good luck Tiffeney. You will be missed.

Your friend.

Gary

Tiffeney.......I am very very sorry to see you go........:(  I LOVED reading your posts and feeling your energy !  Lord knows you sure have your hands full with chidren and a pregnancy though so I understand.  Please do not be a stranger.  You are more than welcome to ' hang out ' with us lunatics any time!  Big hug to ya sis!

Well if this guy does not buy it tomorrow from me I am thinking about not selling it for a week and then maybe raise the price to see if I can make more money back then selling it for 43oo and taking almost a 6ooo loss.  What do you all think ? 

I'm sad to see you go but I understand why. Make sure you stop by and say hello now and then. We will all be looking forward to the baby pictures.

Ted

Holy Cow, What a shock.

Tiffeney, I would like to wish you the best of luck. Not only have you been an important member on my forum, but you have been a good friend. I feel very sad that you have came to this decision.

Tiffeney, I was the first to welcome you, and now I am telling you goodbye.

As always, I wish you and your husband the best. Vendstar will get what they have coming, it is only a matter of time...

Kyle

Tiffany

I am so sorry to hear that you're packing it in. I enjoyed your posts with positive energy toward this business. You motivated me, and I'm sure many others on this forum, to jump into the vending world.

I can understand your decision though. People can be real pains in the a$$ at times. So far, I haven't had that problem but I'm sure I'll encounter a few as I expand. I grew up on the eastern side of PA and still have that Yankee atittude in me. People around here don't like that when they get me stirred up.

Good luck in your future endevors. Stop by and say Hi once in a while.

I too am sorry to see you go Tiff. I hate that the biz didn't work out for you. You are an honest person, and life will always take notice. As far as selling your machines, raise your price to $6,000 and say 'or best offer.'  Advertise how many are placed which will save them time and money, giving them a better deal. Hey, they are already bring in quarters! :D  Now, whatever your losses are, ask a tax man if you can deduct your losses next year. This may help you break even.

The experience you have gained is priceless.

Bryan

Hey I sold it on Saturday to a man named Dave so who knows he might just show up here !  I did tell him about how there are site out there !  I sold it for 4300 and still in the back of my mind I wonder if I could of got more ! Oh well I will stop by and when I find out if I am having a boy or girl I will let everyonre know !  Hoping for a boy I have tooo many girls !

Hey I sold it on Saturday to a man named Dave so who knows he might just show up here !  I did tell him about how there are site out there !  I sold it for 4300 and still in the back of my mind I wonder if I could of got more !

What did Dave get for his $4,300?  How many machines in how many locations?

29 locations and 4 machines that are not located ! 2 30 pound boxes of Pucker ups, 2 30 pound boxes of runts, 12 bags of M&Ms, 15 bags of Skittles, 2 25 boxes of cashews, 2 25 boxes of salted Peanuts , 12 bags of reese's and all extra canisters and parts with the tote I use to carry them in the car !

29 locations and 4 machines that are not located ! 2 30 pound boxes of Pucker ups, 2 30 pound boxes of runts, 12 bags of M&Ms, 15 bags of Skittles, 2 25 boxes of cashews, 2 25 boxes of salted Peanuts , 12 bags of reese's and all extra canisters and parts with the tote I use to carry them in the car !

Tiffeney,

I certainly don't want to sound mean or insulting, but I can understand why this isn't working out so well for you.

I haven't been in this business long.. just almost 3 years.  But one thing I did learn early and really fast was that carrying more product means more product loss and more lost profit.

The size of my business is not much more than where you are now.  I have 12 or so new locations that I don't have any data on yet, so I can't tell how much my average is now.  But for the 25 locations I do have data on, I average $0.49/day.  I run only single-head gumball machines and I only have one product: Ford Carrousel assorted that I buy from Quill.com (free shipping).  My product cost is about 2%-3%.

I do a service run only once a month (the last saturday of the month) and pick up about 1/3 of my machines during any one servicing run.  That means I don't have to visit a location for 2-3 months.  This saves me gas and time, and the amount I collect each month contains about 2-3 months worth of quarters.

Based on my experiences when I did vend candy, I can say that I could not let a stop go for 2-3 months like I did with GB's, and my product costs were closer to 10%-15%.  I also remember several times when I had to throw away whole canisters of product because they got stale, broken or cruddy.  So I was paying more for gas, and product.

I don't believe you are competition in my area so this shouldn't effect you, but I have to smile when I see competition with a 3 or 4 or more product vending machine move in to one of my locations.  I know that they will have similar problems to what you have mentioned and what I have mentioned.  That means that they will have less ability to stay profitable in the long haul.  I am able to sit there and collect my money from my gumball machine while their candy gets cracked and nasty looking.  I know they will have to throw it out and I know that their costs are much more than mine.  So I know I will last much longer than they will be able to do.

Now, I've had some locations ask me if I can carry some candy in addition to gumballs, but I always am able to tell them that I am not able to do that and still make a profit.  If they can't accept that then I move on.

• 3 weeks later...

Up Date

The man I sold it to has joined !  We have a new member !  He is DJI now we have to just welcome him !  I will be watching his progress if he decides to record his progress in here. I am sad to see it go .  I am also excited to see him improve it which I know he will be able to do !

GOOD LUCK DJI !

• 2 months later...