For All People Starting in Honor Snack Box Vending

gumby

I have read a few posts so far in this forum about honor snack box vending. I personally have no experience with this - in fact I can't even remember ever something like this around where I live (NYC). I guess people in NYC have no honor? Haha - I don't know...

But, the thing I wanted to mention is that, for some of you starting out in this type of business - you might want to explain to the businesses you are pitching to what an honor box is. I only mention this because I imagine that there are parts of the country - and many peope - who, even if they have seen one before - have never noticed what it is - and/or don't know that there was a name for this. I mean, this is not a term that I think you hear a lot in regular daily conversation in American English. I had no idea what this was until reading this forum.

I only mention this because I can picture a lot of businesses saying no to some of your locating pitches just because they have no idea what you are talking about and don't want to even bother asking what an honor box is.

This is just my thoughts and experience on this - not meant to discourage or criticize any of you in any way, shape, or form....

I have read a few posts so far in this forum about honor snack box vending. I personally have no experience with this - in fact I can't even remember ever something like this around where I live (NYC). I guess people in NYC have no honor? Haha - I don't know...

But, the thing I wanted to mention is that, for some of you starting out in this type of business - you might want to explain to the businesses you are pitching to what an honor box is. I only mention this because I imagine that there are parts of the country - and many peope - who, even if they have seen one before - have never noticed what it is - and/or don't know that there was a name for this. I mean, this is not a term that I think you hear a lot in regular daily conversation in American English. I had no idea what this was until reading this forum.

I only mention this because I can picture a lot of businesses saying no to some of your locating pitches just because they have no idea what you are talking about and don't want to even bother asking what an honor box is.

This is just my thoughts and experience on this - not meant to discourage or criticize any of you in any way, shape, or form....

100% true from my experience you dont bother locating unless you have the box in hand , or in the car, and if its in the car

bring a picture of the box. because most people dont understand it, and often if they do its because they had it already and it

got pulled for theft.

Archived