Factory - Craigslist Lead...help!

bulkjake

A manager of a local steel factory called me off a CL ad I am running weekly. He was inquiring about my vending service and asked about a beverage/coke machine. I told him I could look into it however I asked if he would be interested in a (bulk) candy machine. He seemed to agree and I have an appointment to go out there tomorrow to place a triple. However, if he is really stuck on a soda machine...What would you do? I hate to turn away business...but I know nothing about full line vending. Nor do I have a large enough vehicle to support it (1996 Honda Civic...is that a problem??). Also, is 1 soda machine really worth the hassle? The factory has 28 employees with no stores, gas stations near by...

Thanks!!

I'd jump on that deal in heart beat. Twenty eight blue collar workers isolated like that would easily do $400 a month ($200 bucks for you). Service it twice a month or when ever you go to do your bulk machines. Get a large multiprice machine - about $1,000 and max the machine out. It may take you a couple of trips in a Honda but after that you should be able to handle it. I use a convertable hand truck to move product in - you definitely don't want to be schlepping cases of soda around by hand.

Good luck

I always try to get a good refurbished multiprice machine - Royal, Dixie or Vendo. If this doesn't work for you, you'll have a much easier time selling that machine than the single price models. You'll pay about $400 more for a machine like that but you'll have a lot more future leeway.

Archived