Nwbie Question Regarding New Location Setup

TheCandy

I am a bulk vender but during a recent visit to the Inianapolis are while locating bulk vending machines, one of the apartment complexes I propositioned asked if I could bring in a pop machine. Of course I could not pass this up but I don't know the first thing about maintaining a pop machine. I told them I would be happy to bring in a pop machine amd came back later that day with an 18 month contract. They signed the contract and I plan to quickly sell the location. My question is, would it be easier for me to sell the contract for the location and let an operator bring his/her own machine or should I put a machine in the location and sell it as on location package? I have found a very nice RVCC660 tested and working for a really good price. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for the information. You don't think it would help that I was buying the machine for about a third of what one just sold on ebay for? This apartment complex has roughly 100 2 bedroom apartments. The management staff said the previous machine sold a lot but couldn't specify but that they asked the previous vendor to remove the machine after several residents complained about the machine taking their money and then the bill acceptor quit working. Any insight on what you think a location like this would generate or how much I should ask for the contract? Like I said... I get bulk vending. The full line world is completely foreign to me. Thanks again

Thanks for the information. You don't think it would help that I was buying the machine for about a third of what one just sold on ebay for? This apartment complex has roughly 100 2 bedroom apartments. The management staff said the previous machine sold a lot but couldn't specify but that they asked the previous vendor to remove the machine after several residents complained about the machine taking their money and then the bill acceptor quit working. Any insight on what you think a location like this would generate or how much I should ask for the contract? Like I said... I get bulk vending. The full line world is completely foreign to me. Thanks again

That's a fairly small complex, and apt complexes are not highly desired in the full line world due to high rates of vandalism. A locator would probably charge 150-300 for this kind of location. If you bought the machine for that much less than a comparable one on e-bay my first question is it in the same area, within a hour or so of you? If so, you can make more money by flipping the machine back onto e-bay and selling the contract than by paying someone to deliver it to the location, filling it and then selling it with the location.

Archived