Missing money in my sales count

Mike32110

I have yet another rookie question for some of the more experienced guys. I have been tracking the sales numbers in my machines, I went to a machine two weeks ago showing the sales to be 54981, and currently at 55185.80, or 204 dollars in sales. I did an audit count of the machine, and counted 141.75, However, when I serviced the machine last, I did try out a bunch of different choices with cash (probably 15-20$ worth?) and kept the money, which would of course skew the sales slightly. However, I find it strange that the sales were that much higher. It's an older AP machine.

I also noticed when I first hit service mode it says "36", and later when i mess around with the machine it shows "Credits, 36" or something like that, which I am not sure what that means.

I bought the machine with expected sales of 50-60 per week, this is showing 70 as per my audit, which is realistic. However, the sales of 100 per week seem a bit much. Am I somehow doing something wrong to screw up the count, or am I possibly getting ripped off?

Oh my god, I just made an embarrassing mistake. I forgot to write down the sales when I stopped by QUICKLY 2 weeks ago, and the sales was actually from almost 3 weeks ago. I am trying to delete this topic, sorry!

Sorry, one hour after posting you cannot change your posts. Don't worry its only a small rookie mistake, I promise there will be others ;D ;D

Archived