Vendesign color match (yellow, red, dark gray)

webcash2006

hello forum, my first post ever. We have recently purchased 60 vendesign bulk candy units. Some of the bases and heads have rust and scratches. We are looking to clean these up before placing them. Does anyone know the best color matches for these 3 vendesign colors. I have yet to find a good match. Also, I have seen advice for lubricating coin mech on other machines. Does anyone have advice on the vendeisgn coin mech? Thank you, what a great forum.

I don't have any Vendesign machines, so I don't know about their mechs, however yellow and red are typically good color choices for sales. Red and yellow, psychologically are supposed to make you hungry...(McDonald's uses those colors, that's probably the reasoning). Think about your locations though before you paint them. Some locations may request a particular color to best suit their venue. I would suggest a couple colors, I commonly place grey, red, white, maroon and a few black or yellow. Reese's Pieces, Peanut M&Ms, Skittles and Mike&Ikes are my best sellers. Good luck!

Thank you Gage's Vending. I've since tore apart several coin mechs and they are very simple mechanically. I went with silicone spray as it seems not the accumulate dirt like oil based lubricates. One negative of silicone spray is the smell. I started spraying them and let sit and off-gas a week before placing them. Not sure what i will do if i need to lubricate on site. I'm sure i will learn as we go.

On the vendesign colors. I have yet to determine a color match. I heard charcoal black is the dark color, but fading makes this a poor touchup. We decided to repaint our bases with our own color, but close to the original. In other words, a complete repaint.

One new issue we would like to resolve is removing the vendeisgn head from the base. There are 4 metals tabs that allowed the head to be pushed on and keeps it from being pulled off. We have yet to find a tool to bend these tabs out to remove the machine head. Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

This forum is great for us newbies. Thank you to those who are actively posting and responding.

Ah man! I've never torn apart a Vendesign before, so I don't know what you should do about those tabs. I've worked on Uturn, Oak, Beaver, Northwestern, Eagle, Sticker machines, full size vending machines, and many more, but never a Vendesign, go figure! Huh, yeah I did a google search and nothing really said anything about bending those tabs either. There's got to be a way to fully disassemble the machine though. I'm sorry, I really don't know!

If you ever have any other questions about the other aspects of the vending business, let me know!

Nice Jeremiah, so it is possible. I assume you bend the tab out and then bend it back when placing the head back on.

Gage'sVending. Thank you as well. Nice to learn from the experiences of others and not the school of hard knocks.

Archived